cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the grey lines be fixed?? Screen issue

Freelong
Level 7
Hello everyone 🙂

I was hoping someone could clarify if the "grey lines" on the G750JH display can be removed / Fixed.

I am currently wondering if i should buy a G750JH T4050H. I've been following this forum for quite some time now, and have seen a lot of threads concerning the "problems" with the screen. I went down to a local hardware store to see the problem for myself .. and sure enough they are quite visible.

I am a electrical engineer student and i am going to use the laptop for 3D rendering as well as creating electronic schematics... and ofc use it for gaming 😄

- Hope you can help me
25 REPLIES 25

Pierre990429
Level 7
Hi, that looks like a Swedish G750JH reference.

Some seem to say that newer driver could help, but I'm not sure. I wonder, why do mostly G750JH owners (geforce 780M) describe this problem?

Pierre990429 wrote:
Hi, that looks like a Swedish G750JH reference.

Some seem to say that newer driver could help, but I'm not sure. I wonder, why do mostly G750JH owners (geforce 780M) describe this problem?

I am from Denmark... and this is the only reason why i am not buying a G750JH right now...

Really hope someone can say if this is fixable or not

Looks like the model you are after has the matte non-3d panel. You should be able to fix display issues by setting a higher refresh rate using the nVidia control panel. The panel goes to 100Hz without any problems. Any refresh rate above that is too much for the display connection.

You can verify that the new refresh rate actually reduced flicker by going here: http://www.techmind.org/lcd/index.html and simply comparing the effects on the different patterns.

Gamebouncer
Level 7
I'm a JH owner. What grey lines are we talking about here? I have noticed on a black screen (for example if a game is loading with no graphic) lines going horizontally. The are perfectly formed and give an almost "textured" look. However, as soon as video or graphics load, even on a black screen (such as a solid black desktop) I see nothing and it is completely flat

It is almost as if when nothing is being pushed to the GPU, the lines appear

I don't get these grey lines on my JH either. If I do, I certainly don't notice or see them.
G750JH-T4074H i7-4700HQ, 32GB, 512GB SSD + 1TB , GTX780M-4GB
G75VW-T1013V
G74SX

Pierre990429
Level 7
Sorry, but NO. This has nothing to do with the OTHER problem these screens (AUO, and Chi-Mei too I think) have : the waves and flickering effect.

Changing the refresh rate will NOT fix the vertical lines.
Upgrading drivers neither (at least till now). The only "official" G750JH driver is the Nvidia 311.83 one (and it doesn't crash anything for me, so it's rather a good one)

PLEASE read the other threads about this, where everything is explained.

Now, there are THREE things to understand :

1) the "vertical lines" are only visible on the AUO screen (not sure about the Chi-Mei).

2) some people just won't notice this....

3) the 3D screen (glossy) doesn't have this effect (I think) , BUT G750JH + 3D is VERY difficult to find, and MANY countries only ship G750JH with matte non-3D screen.

Pitcher@ASUS ; Marshall@ASUS ? Any comments on this, please ?????

Try uninstalling the Splendid utility. When I got my JH model it had the grey horizontal lines over the entire screen but those went away when I got rid of the Splendid thing.

kingsknight
Level 7
BDtry you freaking legend. I had this problem on my JW and removing that software fixed it!! thank you

Pierre990429
Level 7
Once again : the OP refers to the VERTICAL lines, especially on the AUO screen. Has nothing to do with Splendid.