After 3 days of fighting with VIA audio driver, below is a final solve for Subwoofer problems and VIA instalation problems "No ANy HD Audio device"
If you have WIindows 8 updated to 8.1 You should have problem with Vdeck and subwoofer (volume adjustment), if not, You have a lucky!
- Vdeck is not opening
- When You adjusting the volume, subwoofer is still playing
What to do?
1) Download from ASUS a driver, only in THIS version: V6.0.01.10600. Driver for WINDOWS 7. Unpack this driver.
I use Windows 8.1 64 bit and only this driver work. DO NOT download any driver Windows 8!
2) Uninstall all VIA driver and software from Your computer
3) Go to Control Panel>System>Device Manager and there in sound card find Your sound card.
The name of this sound card should be like "HD Sound card"
4) Right click on this card and select DISABLE
5) Make a reset of Your computer
6) Check that Your sound card is disable
7) Run Setup in V6.0.01.10600 driver as administrator.
8) After install make a reset
Now Your sound card should work normally with Vdeck, Volume adjust with subwoofer.
Why don`t install any other VIA drivers for WIndows 8 from ASUS page?
When You install drivers for Windows 8 You will have only ONE problem:
When You plug in headphones then subwoofer is still playing.
For NEW VIA driver, Headphones and Subwoofer is one device!
Please remember, whatever You do with VIA drivers, DISABLE You sound card in device manager and then install VIA drivers.
If Sound card is NOT DISABLE then drivier thinking that You don`t have ANY HD sound card and exit from installator.
Sorry for my english!
P.S. Greetings from Poland!
P.S. 2: This solution is for G75VW (checked).