cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 AI Suite III Tips That Will Save Your Life!

Chino
Level 15
AI Suite III is a very powerful piece of software to have on your ROG system. The plethora of utilities and options available allows you to fine tune every aspect of your system while monitoring all the variables in real time. Read on for some useful tips to help you get the best from AI Suite III.

Tip 1. Trouble installing AI Suite III?
Some of our users have been encountering some pesky issues when trying to install the application. If you’re one of the very few that could not get the installer to work for you, don’t fret. Continue reading!

Step 1. Navigate to the AXSP folder that’s in the AI Suite folder. Then right click axIns.exe and select Properties.

[/HR]

Step 2. Click the Unblock option at the bottom of the General tab.

[/HR]

Step 3. Proceed to the Compatibility tab and click the Change settings for all users option.

[/HR]

Step 4. Tick Run this program as an administrator option.

[/HR]

Step 5. Click Ok to apply your changes.

[/HR]

Step 6. Open HMService folder next. Then right click aaHMIns.exe and select Properties.

[/HR]

Step 7. Click the Unblock option at the bottom of the General tab.

[/HR]

Step 8. Proceed to the Compatibility tab and click the Change settings for all users option.

[/HR]

Step 9. Tick Run this program as an administrator option.

[/HR]

Step 10. Click Ok to apply your changes.

[/HR]

Step 11. Run AsusSetup.exe with administrator privileges.

[/HR]

Step 12. Open Task Manager and end the axIns.exe process to continue with the setup.

If above fix didn’t work for you, then you’ll need to dig up the DVD that came with your motherboard and follow these steps.
1. Pop the DVD into your optical drive.
2. Look for the AI Suite III folder on the DVD.
3. Run AsusSetup.exe with administrator privileges to install an earlier version of AI Suite III.
4. Follow the onscreen prompts.
5. When your installation is done, download the latest version from your motherboard’s support page.
6. Follow the instructions for a normal installation to update the older version.

Tip 2. Installing AI Suite III In Your Native Language.
AI Suite III comes in nine different languages. So if you’re not a native English speaker, then this tip will have you running AI Suite III in your favorite language in no time.

Step 1. Start by opening Registry Editor.

[/HR]

Step 2. Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ASUS\AI-SUITE_II Right click in the right window and create a new String Value.

[/HR]

Step 3. Name the String Value to Language.

[/HR]

Step 4. Input the value of your language.

[/HR]

Choose from below:
0404 = Traditional Chinese
0C04 = Traditional Chinese
1404 = Traditional Chinese
1004 = Simplified Chinese
0804 = Simplified Chinese
09 = English
0C = French
07 = German
0A = Spanish
11 = Japanese
12 = Korean
19 = Russian

Step 6. Restart your system and AI Suite III will be displayed in your language!
48 REPLIES 48

Chino
Level 15
Tip 3. AI Suite III Widget.
AI Suite III comes with a nice widget to toggle the different power settings for the EPU.

Step 1. To activate or deactivate the widget, simply right click the AI Suite III tray icon.

[/HR]

Step 2. Then select or deselect ASUS mini bar.

[/HR]

Tip 4. Customizing Your Fans
Do you have a ton of fans in your system and you have no idea which is connected to which header? Let’s rename them and position them!

Step 1. Open AI Suite III and navigate to the Fan Xpert 2 utility.

[/HR]

Step 2. Click on the icon with the ? to bring up another window to name your fan and pinpoint its position.

[/HR]

Step 3. Input the name of your fan. Then choose the position according to where it’s located inside your case.

[/HR]

Step 4. But if you’re not sure which is which, click on the fan icon beside the Fan Position label to bring up this useful feature to locate its position.

[/HR]

Tip 5. Uninstalling AI Suite III.
Uninstalling AI Suite III isn’t rocket science. But in some cases, there are leftovers that need to be removed manually.

Step 1. Run the uninstaller from the Remove Programs as you would normally.

[/HR]

Step 2. Click the Select All button.

[/HR]

Step 3. Click Uninstall and wait a few.

[/HR]

Step 4. When the uninstallation is over, proceed to download the AI Suite III cleaner.

Step 5. Reboot into Safe Mode and run the cleaner with administrator privileges.

[/HR]

Step 6. Click the Clean button to finish uninstalling the leftover services.

[/HR]

Tip 6. Removing Stucked Overclocks
Sometimes you’re stucked with an overclock you just can’t get rid of. It’s easier then you think. This is how to do it.

Step 1. Spam the Del key as soon as you see the Asus logo when booting.

[/HR]

Step 2. Once in the BIOS, press F5 to load the optimized defaults.

[/HR]

Step 3. Press F10 to save and exit.

[/HR]

Step 4. Shutdown your system and press the clear CMOS on the back.
Step 5. Turn on your system and go into the BIOS again.
Step 6. Load optimized defaults for a second time.
Step 7. Save and restart.

Tip 7. Conflicting Temperature Readings
Has a warning popped up alerting you that your motherboard is burning in hell at 100C? Or maybe it’s frozen like a popsicle at -10C? Don’t worry. Your motherboard is fine. You probably have another temperature monitoring program opened and it’s creating conflicts with AI Suite III.

When you have two temperature polling programs, neither will report the correct reading. Uninstall one of them. But keep AI Suite III of course.

Wow I feel stupid. I was going crazy trying to find out why my idle computer was running 40 °C at idle after I installed a new power supply.
But now it seems the temp reading might have been conflicting with speccy.

Then again why did it start only after the new PSU I mean the new PSU was virtually the same as the old.

Anyone has an idea how to disable shortcuts for AI? Always have trouble with Ctrl+1 when playing. This shortcut gives me some warning message :mad:

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Nice to see some AISuite love for a change Chino!

Maybe should have put the un-install info first? nah just joking....:D

EnthusiastBuild
Level 12
Thank you! very useful! 5*
CORSAIR 900D
ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA
INTEL I7 4770K @ 4.5 GHZ
CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB @ 2400MHZ
SLI EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
SSD SYSTEM: CORSAIR FORCE GT 120GB
SSD APPS: CORSAIR FORCE GT 240 GB
HDD STORAGE: WD BLACK 2TB
CORSAIR AX860I PSU
CORSAIR H100I 4 x SP120 HP

Henkenator68NL
Level 13
Nice tut Chino

HiVizMan
Level 40
Really good work Chino
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

xiTALYCHROME
Level 7
Where can I download it? I have a Maximus VI Hero and I am running Win7 64bit.
Intel i7 4770k - Maximus VI Hero - 32GB Corsair Vengeance - Corsair H100i CPU Cooler - Corsair 750d Obsidian Series Case - Nvidia Reference 660ti (x2) in SLI - HyperX Beast SSD 120GB - Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD - WD Caviar Black 1TB (x3) - Corsair Complete Cable Set Red - Samsung C70 27'' Monitor - JBL Pebble Desktop Audio - Razer Deathstalker Keyboard - Cyborg R.A.T. 5 - Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset - Corsair MM200 Standard Mouse mat.

Chino
Level 15