cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ME PLEASE!! Asus Crosshair V formula Z With dual ram issues

nl_wouter_nl
Level 7
Best Asus.

I have a problem iritant've been up all night and really but really tried everything ...

The problem is so I 4x4 GB ram total of 16 GB in dual, but cpu z says that it is single but 16 gb and windows also 16gb but 8gb available and task management says that 8 gb reserved for hardware and the bios says who have total 8 gb ram remapping enablement put all standard windows 8.1 reinstalled ... and because I have this motherboard, I thought I mail you a while if you know something ....

asus crosshair v formula z

my pc specs are:
Windows 8.1 64 NL
Vengeance ® Low Profile - 16GB Dual Channel DDR3
FX6300 amd processor at 3.5
Do you know what this is and what I can do because the motherboard asus and actually everything goes through the motherboard, it
so it seems to me that it is the motherboard.

let me know something please!!

have been more than 24 hours awake!!

M.v.g Wouter

p.s. Sorry for my bad english.!!

have u qestions? or u know how or what ?? pm me:) thanx!!
5 REPLIES 5

kkn
Level 14
what sort of windows version of 8.1 do you have??

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Zka17
Level 16
Before you would go into OS, try every module in every DIMM slot with memtest86+ - if that works, then both your mobo and RAM is OK...

Then try two modules in red slots, then all four modules - at least 4 cycles... first a BIOS defaults, then at your desired OC settings... there is no warranty for OC'ing usually, but the specs on the modules should be achievable...

chrsplmr
Level 18
Also from Raja long back .. and vengeance has been a problem for a while ..

Enter the bios:
Go to Dram settings..
scroll down to [read to read] change it to 5 (I believe default is 3)
then scroll to the bottom and change the default typerate from T1 to T2 ..
This may get you up and running until you can 'tweak' out the particular
issues between your cpu and memory .. no 2 play together the same.
Also, if you have not before .. in the CrossHair section of the forum under the stickies you will
find an extensive 'memory database' started by @Kipper, added to by many, especially @Praz
Best of Luck.c.

nl_wouter_nl
Level 7
hello thnx bro,s for the comments:) first answer i have windows 8.1 64x nl by system settings says windows 8 so no pro i think:)
arne i have now ne dual channel kut 16 gb 2x8 of corsair dominator platinum 1600
and chrsplmr i try that now i come later back 🙂

thnx for the advise 😄