Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard warning

Steven_belfast
Level 7
Greetings folks,

Any one else getting a warning saying

" Motherboard - 60.0 Centigrade "

I have got this a few times but every thing else seems ok.
I am guessing its a glitch in the software ?
| Asus Maximus IV Extreme | Intel 2600K | Corsair Hydro H100i GTX |
| XFX Radeon R9 290X Black Edition | G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB |
| Corsair Force Series 3 120GB | Corsair Obsidian 800D (6GB/s) |
| Corsair Professional Series AX1200 |
12 REPLIES 12

Area_66
Level 11
with Probe II it happen time to time, what are the motherboard reading right now in Probe II ?

MarkedOne wrote:
with Probe II it happen time to time, what are the motherboard reading right now in Probe II ?

Settings are all on stock bar memory speed and volts, they are 1600MHz & 1.5V
Temps are all good around 25 - 28c
Fan speeds are all good.

I have only ever got this warning message and one for the 3+V.

chrsplmr
Level 18
I have seen the seen 'high voltage' readings and 'high temp' readings AIii on C5F..a while back..
It happened on the first version of cpuzROG...coming out of sleep, if it was open, or if I opened it
while running AIii.
The new version fixed it right up.
Do you have other temp.utility? To double-check?
I think you and M are right, it happens, just a software glitch..doesnt hurt to be sure though.

Spathi
Level 9
Make sure your GPU is screwed in and (assuming you have a tower) held up a bit.

Everything expands slightly + the GPU is hotter when playing games. If a GPU heat pipe is close to the chipset, then it can touch the heatsink cover on the chipset or gets very close. Just hot air blowing on it from the GPU will heat up the chipset.

Anyway, mine was like yours pushing 50 or 60 or more sometimes. Now it is 28 and will go to 40 when i game (I think). I also had to direct a fan at the bottom of MB. I will probably take off the ROG heatsink cover if I can find that youtube video of someone doing it. I saw one, wish I bookmarked it, can't find it now.

Spathi wrote:
Make sure your GPU is screwed in and (assuming you have a tower) held up a bit.

Everything expands slightly + the GPU is hotter when playing games. If a GPU heat pipe is close to the chipset, then it can touch the heatsink cover on the chipset or gets very close. Just hot air blowing on it from the GPU will heat up the chipset.

Anyway, mine was like yours pushing 50 or 60 or more sometimes. Now it is 28 and will go to 40 when i game (I think). I also had to direct a fan at the bottom of MB. I will probably take off the ROG heatsink cover if I can find that youtube video of someone doing it. I saw one, wish I bookmarked it, can't find it now.

Its not showing 60,
Its -60 !

Ok i know a H100 is a good cooler but dam its not that good lol

Cyrekk
Level 10
Rofl, my AIii keeps alerting me to "Chassis fan 3: 0 RPM" ...I don't have a fan plugged into that port! I have been too busy to fix it...
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Spathi
Level 9
For that you just untick it in both the BIOS and the Asus Monitor Software

For the heat issue these MB's have the chip under the dGPU, usually when you screw in the dGPU it will push the PCIe bracket left in the PCIe Slot as you tighten, so you need to hold the card right while screwing in. Else if you don't the card will lean left (down in tower) and the cooling in the dGPU board will be closer to the MB. Only a few mm in it but it counts for 10 or 20*C for some cards with heat pipes etc. Also you need good airflow.

For the Volt warning, I would look again as the probe Voltage warnings have a stupidly large range for them to be exceeded, so I would be nervous. Could be ASUS probe though I suppose.

Spathi
Level 9
lol, no idea about that one.

Do you have any fans? The reason I ask is if you have 4 pin and 3 pin on same fan header it might make the MB unstable, that is all I can think of... other than the other guys suggestion of a bug in probe.

I get that message when I have other monitor software running at the same time as the Asus.