cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS OEM License Restorer (Win7)

Nodens
Level 16
So, you lost your recovery image? You want to install from another iso that doesn't have any vendor packed stuff?

Well here's a way to keep your Windows ASUS OEM license active:
http://www.necrosan.com/rog/ASUS_License_Restorer/ASUS_License_Restorer_v1.0.rar

(File hosting courtesy of Necrosan!)

Directions:
1) Install Windows any way you like.
2) Unpack the rar archive anywhere.
3) Run LRestorer.exe (it will request admin rights if you have UAC on).
4) Enter your Windows Key.
5) Hit "Activate", wait till the "Done" window pops up, click "Ok" and reboot!

What this does:
-Activates the WIndows ASUS OEM license that came with your laptop, no matter how you install Windows.

What this does NOT:
-Activate Windows if your laptop doesn't actually have an ASUS OEM license. It will not do anything unless your laptop (or ASUS PC) has a valid Windows ASUS OEM license.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks for this. I needed this about two months ago when I bought my two daughters their ASUS laptops. Have made sticky for now.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Nodens
Level 16
No problem! 🙂
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

rewben
Level 13
although i have moved away from w7, this is good stuff.

Christos_Aiv
Level 7
Thanks !! 😄

jowens1126
Level 7
I just added a SSD to the extra drive bay. Installed a clean win7HP to the SSD, leaving the other drive as is. I downloaded the license restorer software, ran it on the new SSD, and it still isnt activated.
Am I doing something wrong?

Minty_Meeo
Level 7
I have been trying to get my hands on this tool for a while now, but thanks to the blog hosting it shutting down almost a year ago, I've hit a wall. I've tried emailing Nodens, commenting on Nodens' tech blog, and even PMing Nodens on these forums. He has yet to respond. Does anybody around here still have the software that used to be available through this forum post? I'd be happy to start hosting it again for everybody through my MEGA or Dropbox. If you know another way to potentially contact Nodens, that could work as well.
Thanks.

Minty_Meeo wrote:
I have been trying to get my hands on this tool for a while now, but thanks to the blog hosting it shutting down almost a year ago, I've hit a wall. I've tried emailing Nodens, commenting on Nodens' tech blog, and even PMing Nodens on these forums. He has yet to respond. Does anybody around here still have the software that used to be available through this forum post? I'd be happy to start hosting it again for everybody through my MEGA or Dropbox. If you know another way to potentially contact Nodens, that could work as well.
Thanks.

gee... you've actually signed-up to the forum just to reply about that ghost app ?
well, no need to break your head just to get a dedicated app that marketed itself as "Asus" specific - it's a simple SLIC based (a table in the bios) "activation key" - there's A TON OF WAY TO GET IT - and it is most definitely NOT Asus specific.
E.I HERE and even an app to backup/restore that SLIC table HERE.

Please, let the walking dead RIP.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]