cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maximus Hero VI BIOS 0903 and 1002 Wrong RAM Speed in Task Manager

iatacs19
Level 7
I just upgraded from version 0804 to 1002 and the RAM Speed in Task Manager is incorrect.

With BIOS 0804 the RAM speed shows correctly as 2400MHz, but when I update to 1002 it shows up as 1600MHz. All the hardware is the same, and settings are the same.

Please check to see what has changed in BIOS 1002 to cause this discrepancy. Thank you.

Hero VI
2 x 8GB Corsair 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-1T 1.65V
Windows 8.1
13 REPLIES 13

iatacs19
Level 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
Once you do a bios flash your settings all revert to default. Default is 1600MHz you will need to re-establish your memory OC.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Once you do a bios flash your settings all revert to default. Default is 1600MHz you will need to re-establish your memory OC.

Yes, of course. If you check the attached images you can see that CPU-Z and AIDA64 are detecting 2400MHz, but the Task Manager is showing 1600MHz. I tried it several times by flashing each BIOS and configuring XMP each time.

Thanks.

HiVizMan
Level 40
All I can suggest is that with the new BIOS task manager does not read the memory correctly, I have way more faith in both AIDA and CPUz to be honest.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

iatacs19
Level 7
This bug is definitely caused by some change introduced with BIOS version 0903.
BIOS versions 0804 and prior work as expected without this bug.

Will ASUS try to fix this?

Thanks again.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I will pass this on to the BIOS dev team.

Yes also can confirm this:

I think maybe the Issue is with XMP profiles? BIOS is reporting XMP SPD wrong...2401 instead of 2400. I do not think that bug was in previous BIOS.

BIOS screen shot:

CPUZ:

@HiVizMan Can report this to BIOS team too?

HiVizMan
Level 40
I shall indeed thanks guys.