Pretty nice upgrade from my G73jh
Now to learn win8.
Everyone have a good nite and
Happy ROG_n

Doug

Congrats Doug! 🙂

kb0sdq
Level 10
Well just a quick update. I got my new G750Jh today been getting it set up. Started installing my games BF4 wow D3 and so on and got stopped in my tracks when the machine said out of disk space, I was like what??? I have one 1tb and 2 ssd each 128g Well little did I know that the ssd drive marked "c" was first and filled up with windows files. Once I figured it out I now know to designate the downloads to different drives. Would have been noce if windows was smart enough to allocate the files accross all the drives as needed. But I have the games I use a lot on the ssd'd.
Finished installing updates including win 8.1 From a score of zero to 10 I would rate this machine at a 9.
win 8 was not as bad as I thought it would be, being there is a "desktop" that you can click to.
Anyhow games look great will run them tomorrow and see how the frame rates are.
Happy ROG_n

Doug

kb0sdq wrote:
Well just a quick update. I got my new G750Jh today been getting it set up. Started installing my games BF4 wow D3 and so on and got stopped in my tracks when the machine said out of disk space, I was like what??? I have one 1tb and 2 ssd each 128g Well little did I know that the ssd drive marked "c" was first and filled up with windows files. Once I figured it out I now know to designate the downloads to different drives. Would have been noce if windows was smart enough to allocate the files accross all the drives as needed. But I have the games I use a lot on the ssd'd.
Finished installing updates including win 8.1 From a score of zero to 10 I would rate this machine at a 9.
win 8 was not as bad as I thought it would be, being there is a "desktop" that you can click to.
Anyhow games look great will run them tomorrow and see how the frame rates are.
Happy ROG_n

Doug

Hey Doug, rather than split up installs across 2 volumes on the SSD, which btw never works out as you expect as a number of files still get installed in the C drive Windows folder even if you specify the D drive...

You can combine volumes in Windows, it's easy. You will need to uninstall the apps on the D drive before doing the combining - you need to delete the D volume before the space can be added onto the C volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjDRiTu2SP8

I did the same for my 1TB disk that came split into 2 volumes, here is how the both ended up:

Woofyhugger
Level 7
Welcome to the JH club. Love mine, even with Winblows 8.1.
G750JH-T4074H i7-4700HQ, 32GB, 512GB SSD + 1TB , GTX780M-4GB
G75VW-T1013V
G74SX

kb0sdq
Level 10
wow thanks hmscott,
Only difference i see is that I have two ssd's 128 each yea I do not understand why they split the sata drive but guess they thought it was cool looking, lol Next deal is do you know how to turn off the charging usb port I have my deathadder plugged into the right side closest to the front of machine and when the power is on machine off the mouse is lit up I found a usb charging app and it says for batty use anyhow turned that off.
Anyhow Hmscott, you are a valuable asset to the forum I have hit the kudos button for ya. Seem like thru out the forum I see you helping folks and I wanted to say thanksHappy ROG_n

Doug

kb0sdq wrote:
wow thanks hmscott,
Only difference i see is that I have two ssd's 128 each yea I do not understand why they split the sata drive but guess they thought it was cool looking, lol Next deal is do you know how to turn off the charging usb port I have my deathadder plugged into the right side closest to the front of machine and when the power is on machine off the mouse is lit up I found a usb charging app and it says for batty use anyhow turned that off.
Anyhow Hmscott, you are a valuable asset to the forum I have hit the kudos button for ya. Seem like thru out the forum I see you helping folks and I wanted to say thanksHappy ROG_n

Doug

Thanks Doug, happy to help when I can. 🙂

The power on usb while laptop off setting is in the BIOS.

Randomname
Level 8
Welcome to the JH club mate, have fun with the new machine 🙂
ASUS G750JH-T4086D
CPU: Intel Quad Core I7-4700HQ@ 2.4GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780M
RAM: 16GB
Memory: 1TB + 250GB SSD (Samsung 840 EVO 250GB)
Display: Anti-Glare (yup, I'm bragging about it :P)

khmergod
Level 7
Grats Doug. I just ordered JH-DB71 off of Amazon as well at $2239+tax. I thought it was fair for a new powerful system. ~$500 less than alienware's same specced. I usually upgrade systems every 4-5 years anyhow and the new system should last me that long. I now stare at rog forums and await the arrival of my new girlfriend.
G750JH-DB71
i7 4700HQ
32GB RAM HYNIX
GTX 7800M
2X128 SSD RAID 0
256 SAMSUNG 840 PRO

kb0sdq
Level 10
so being it says I have four drives according to the specs I have 2 128g ssd drives and one 5400rpm 1tb drive so by your picture above you combined both ssd's together and the 1tb together also?

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. loving the machine so far big difference from my G73JH when I went to cpu-z it says not validated no biggie maybe I have to turn the turbo off when i valadate it lol

Khmergod I know the feeling I watched this one come from PA and they had all that ice and stuff going on then testerday it said on truck for delivery between 1130 to 330 man that was a long day lol. I also looked at the amazon one.

Doug