cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on 1866 RAM

sick_0n3
Level 7
i know its been asked a million times, searched all day yesterday all over the net and just want to make sure ive collected all the right data.

current rig is
ASUS Crosshair V Formula BIOS 0705
AMD Phenom II 1100t x6 stock cooler
8gb G.Skill Sniper 1866 RAM F3-14900CL9-4GBSR timing of 9-10-9-28 at 1.5v with a G.Skill Turbulence 2 cooler
Nvidia 460GTX 1gb
700 watt Xion PSU
Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case
500gb Hitachi Deskstar

to get the memory to 1866 i put in the following in BIOS

CPU Ratio AUTO
CPU BUS/PEG Frequency 233
Memory Frequency DDR3-1864 (1866 is not a option)
CPU/NB Frequency 2796
HT Link Speed 2097
CPU/NB Voltage 1.25
DRAM Voltage 1.5
DRAM Voltage Switching Frequency 2x
NB Voltage Switching Frequency 2x
NB 1.8v 2x
UPD PCIE 2x

CPUID is showing
CPU as 3857.x

Memory at 935.x (i know CPUID dosnt show all of the freq, IIRC half?)
FSB: DRAM 1:4
CL 9.0
TRCD 10
TRP 9
TRAS 28
TRC 39
CR 2T
22 REPLIES 22

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome, Sick..Ft.Bragg,Nc...Home of Our Green Beret / Rangers ... Halo Jump anyone?

This ram doesnt have a profile?..in the drop down? hmmm..
Is the cpu 3.3?

chrsplmr wrote:
Welcome, Sick..Ft.Bragg,Nc...Home of Our Green Beret / Rangers ... Halo Jump anyone?

This ram doesnt have a profile?..in the drop down? hmmm..
Is the cpu 3.3?

Sick You can check out my settings (mainly voltages) timings may be slightly different with your GSKILL... Mine is running slightly over 1866 and very stable.
As for chrsplmr - Ft. Bragg .. I went through initial jump school there in 1988 followed through with H.igh A.lditudue. L.ow O.pening Location Classified, Initial dive training and B.U.D.S. training Coranado Island Ca. in 89
Semper Fi !
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.

EVIL_CONSERVATIVE wrote:
Sick You can check out my settings (mainly voltages) timings may be slightly different with your GSKILL... Mine is running slightly over 1866 and very stable.
As for chrsplmr - Ft. Bragg .. I went through initial jump school there in 1988 followed through with H.igh A.lditudue. L.ow O.pening Location Classified, Initial dive training and B.U.D.S. training Coranado Island Ca. in 89
Semper Fi !

HALO training is done in Arizona, it's no secret.
New ROG PC built Nov 2011:
Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Intel Core I5-2500K
(2) EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked in SLI
Corsair 600T
Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooling
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Corsair Force 3 128GB SSD for boot drive
8GB Red Corsair Vengeance @ 1600 Mhz 9-9-9-24
1.5 TB Western Digital Caviar Black
Asus 12x Blu-Ray Writer

Built my first PC at age 12, Pentium III @ 450 Mhz.

EVIL_CONSERVATIVE wrote:
S. went through initial jump school there in 1988 followed through with H.igh A.lditudue. L.ow O.pening Location Classified, Initial dive training and B.U.D.S. training Coranado Island Ca. in 89
Semper Fi !

If you have not survive the Z.O.N.E. it's means nothing

Area_66
Level 11
Hi On3 . I hope it's means you model in On3 ???? for the RAM if CPUID show 935 mhz it's means they are at 1866 mhz , you have to multiply the DDR means Double Data Rate

Now let's retrurn to more interesting the On3... I'm gone wait you answer before talk more about it. No worry Chrs if you don't understant the On3, it's real man ...

chrsplmr
Level 18
MarkedO,
I read them all. Digest'm. Learn a thing or two each day. Thats about 770 a year. I'll catch up.
I may never thrill anyone with an answer, My fondest hope is to spark new answers with a fresh question. Progress.
Ive been here long enough, that when certain Members speak, I pay extra attention and new ones amaze me equally
everyday...There are expert hackers, then there are hacks like me. I will keep hacking at it until it works. Period.
I got XP to run on a washing machine once...hahahhahahaa...ok,, ya got me,, it was a toaster.
(I thought it was a party joke, ready.."Sick on 3..hut...1,2,blaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!"...Funny, yes?) Ive been wrong before. hahaha

EC..hard core all day long there... I am humbled by all that selflessly serve.

Wild Horses couldn't of dragged me into the military after VietNam ended.
In 1973 when the draft ended and I wasnt 1A anymore..

(That usta drive me nuts, "What are you going to do after HighSchool?" "Wha?"
"Im going to VietNam and get shot, how bout you?")
To come home and get spit on or worse? After Lt. Calley. No way.

They can say what they want about Nixon. But he had the only balanced budget in the history of the U.S. (1969)
and he did the right thing, pardoned Lt. Calley.

Half the guys I knew though were still gung ho..One of my best friends fathers, he called him
the General, drove him through Fort Bragg to prove his dad wrong. He was in on leave after his
first halo jump, and on a 'cruise and booze'....hey you could do that then....jumped out of
my 57 Caddy and came up rolling in my rear view mirror...like I said, hard core, all day long.

My younger brother, Class of 76, went in because of the GI Bill then, 2 years college, for every
year served if I remeber was the promise. He retired a Major under Clinton....well, just because.

Not serving my country wore on me, we watched and heard that every day on tv with the war in
our living rooms, until I became a Police Officer in '79......thats like a million years ago, right? hahahha

And look at us now EC,MO...Daddies and ROG'rz and....blessed...amen.
And I haven't had any 'booze' (Riot Control) in 26 and a half years.
I knew you had a proud walk, I could see it from here.

I miss that car.c.

chrsplmr wrote:
EC..hard core all day long there...
Wild Horses couldn't of dragged me into the military after VietNam ended.
In 1973 when the draft ended and I wasnt 1A anymore..to come home and get spit on. No way.
Half the guys I knew though were still gung ho..One of my best friends fathers, he called him
the General, drove him through Fort Bragg to prove his dad wrong. He was in on leave after his
first halo jump, and on a 'cruise and booze'....hey you could do that then....jumped out of
my 57 Caddy and came up rolling in my rear view mirror...like I said, hard core, all day long.
My younger brother, Class of 76, went in because of the GI Bill then, 2 years college, for every
year served if I remeber was the promise. He retired a Major under Clinton....well, just because.
Not serving my country wore on me, we watched and heard that every day on tv with the war in
our living rooms, until I became a Police Officer in '79......thats like a million years ago, right? hahahha
And look at us now EC...Daddies and ROG'rz and....blessed...amen.
And I haven't had any 'booze' (Riot Control) in 26 and a half years.
I knew you had a proud walk, I could see it from here.

Boy I miss that car.c.

LOL I got out when Clinton came out with the Dont Ask Dont tell Crap... I to am almost 21 yrs Vet State Police Trooper 4 to go WOO HOO !
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.

Area_66
Level 11
Chrs ...On3 is a model train stuff it's means it build in O scale and the track have 3 feet betwen them instead of the regular 4' 8" so it's narrow gauge lol .... so model train stuff for real man . Modeller in On3 is more rare those day, they cost way more than those On30 ( 30'' ) A single engine can cost over $ 1000

MarkedOne wrote:
Chrs ...On3 is a model train stuff it's means it build in O scale and the track have 3 feet betwen them instead of the regular 4' 8" so it's narrow gauge lol .... so model train stuff for real man . Modeller in On3 is more rare those day, they cost way more than those On30 ( 30'' ) A single engine can cost over $ 1000

Howd we go from Helping this guy out with memory config to Military experience to model trains ? .. Well While we are at it I'm also into Nitromethane RC trucks ..LOL
Ohh OK nevermind I see that one guys name is On3 .. My bad