cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX NUMLOCK for KEY PAD

CYberjudas
Level 7
There have been so many posts about this issue but nothing has been done to fix it. There was a bios update that only partly fixed this. Now the Numlock light is on all the time. They only shifted the state of the keys but did not give us the function of the Numlock key. WE NEED A REAL FIX for BOTH states of the keypad, the way that every other laptop is. One that gives full function of the keypad. Not a calculator key. PLEASE FIX THIS !
27 REPLIES 27

GwynBleidd
Level 7
+1 on this.

This is a HUGE issue. I don't care about laptop's keyboard personally, but I want my EXTERNAL keyboard to work in both states. It's plain stupid that BIOS forces numlock always on.

Just submitted a ticket on this too.

P.S. For other G74Sx owners, here's a temporary workaround:

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/NumLocker-Download-107584.html

(a program to keep numlock always off, or on, you can set it with a click).

Agreed: We need a new BIOS that fixes:

1) Numlock & LED issue
2) Support for faster DDR3 clock speeds (1600, 1866) when slots are filled
3) support for 32GB RAM
4) *SOME* control over things like memory timings, JEDEC/XMP SPDs, fan speeds, keyboard backlight, and even voltages
5) << add your item here >>
--
G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
17.3" LED 1920x1080
Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

fostert wrote:

1) Numlock & LED issue
3) support for 32GB RAM
4) *SOME* control over things like memory timings, JEDEC/XMP SPDs, fan speeds, keyboard backlight, and even voltages

I second that! +1
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

fostert wrote:

1) Numlock & LED issue
3) support for 32GB RAM

I just ordered a G74SX with 16gb (4x 4gb) of 1600mhz... Does this mean it will only be running at 1333mhz until this gets addressed?

I'm not too concerned as long as it DOES get looked into at some point.

Dont brick it. I am in that situation now. When I called them, thay told me that my warranty was void. Come to find out they lied to me. I sent it to a mobo repair service on what they told me and now I am screwed. What ever you do, dont take there advice. They are not traind computer techs. They dont care about these issues. I have told them about the BDPROHOT issue that people have been complaining about since last year. They told me that they haven heard anything about it. I told them to just google g74SX and you will find it. They said they would get back to me on that. They didnt. My Num Lock light is stuck on all the time as well.

I to am very pissed and I understand how you all feel. The laptop part of Asus must be very differen than the mobo side. I have built several computers with there mobos and they are great. Got a Rampage II and its badass. I think we should all just put a sign on our laptops labled P.O.S. and send them to Asus. That would be funny.

380mcn
Level 9
5) keyboard lights controlled by BIOS
6) wireless on/off controlled by BIOS
7) touchpad on/off controlled by BIOS

wanfeilwong
Level 7
If Asus does that I will be in love with this laptop again! I want my 16 gigs of 1866 ram speeds!
Also, please fix the WiFi LED to turn on when the computer boots up. Having to toggle the wifi function to get turn on the LED is a little annoying.

I know you can do it! You work magic on all your other products....
Asus G74sx-xn1

Intel 6230 WiFi/BT | Seagate Momentus XT | Razer Orochi | Sony Ericsson MW600

wanfeilwong wrote:
If Asus does that I will be in love with this laptop again! I want my 16 gigs of 1866 ram speeds!
Also, please fix the WiFi LED to turn on when the computer boots up. Having to toggle the wifi function to get turn on the LED is a little annoying.

I know you can do it! You work magic on all your other products....

isnt the sandy bridge i7-2630qm can only support max 1333mhz!

thesilent85 wrote:
isnt the sandy bridge i7-2630qm can only support max 1333mhz!

In this other forum they're saying otherwise. :rolleyes:
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205