cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus R9 280x DirectCU II TOP Bios Update?

F_1
Level 7
Hello there,

There is a new bios update available for R9 280x via GPU Tweak but when i try to update it says "flash fail" so where is the problem?

Windows 8.1 x64

Thank you.

36 REPLIES 36

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you like you could go to the graphic card support page and manually download any updates that there might be.

Personally if my cards are doing what I paid for the card to do I do not flash the bios.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

F_1
Level 7
Thank you for your response but i did what you said and there is no bios update on support page;

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=R9280X-DC2T-3GD5&p=9&s=10

HiVizMan
Level 40
All good, then there is no update.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

YoungSpawn89
Level 7
I have same Thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?41821-asus-gpu-tweak-wont-let-me-Bios-update&p=354319#post3....
But he Software is saying there is :S? Well Can it be a update to 7970GHZ ED? Well the software see the Card as r9 280x, as it should do. So i cant see why it saying. There is a new update ready, but won´t let it flash it :S.

NoRecoil
Level 7
Are there any release note?

kwolf
Level 7
i have exactly the same problem also getting the blue screen of death from time to time and hoped this update would help
running windows 7 x64

YoungSpawn89
Level 7
Oke, so i had in mind to give asus gpu tweak a chance. Well it´s saying that there is a new BIOS update, and when i click update. It Download and efc, but at last end. It saying Flash Failed some can help??

I have a R9280X-DC2-3GD5. And Current BIOS is 15.39.0.0.AS03.
The new i try to update is 15.41.0.0.AS01.

Is there something i have to do? Its running in Admin mode and Iam using Windows 8.1 64bits.
With AMD 13.11 Beta, because the new 13.12 make me crash when map changed in BF4. I get the RED SCREEN OF DEATH. SO i use 13.11 Beta work fine.

HiVizMan
Level 40
There is no bios update according to the product support page.

HiVizMan wrote:
There is no bios update according to the product support page.

According to ASUS GPU Tweak there is;

Old One: 15.39.0.0.AS04
New One: 15.41.0.0.AS02