cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6950 DCII 2gb posting , but signal?

Retired
Not applicable
I'm trying to X-fire 2 of these cards I recently bought but only one of the cards are actually working. The other is powered up, the fans are spinning and the little red led on the top of it is on and I can even get the computer to boot, I can tell because eventually I'll hear the windows music right at my password screen after it's fully or almost fully booted up. It's just not sending any signal to the monitor. And yes, before you ask I remembered to plug the monitor into that video card.

I tried turning the working card's PCI-e slot off making the seemingly defective card the primary card. Both of the slots they are in are 16x if that matters. I tired reseating the video card in question.

I know it's not the board because I tried using the card in question in another board and it did the same thing.

My question is does it seem that I was sent a bad card or what?
1 REPLY 1

xeromist
If you installed the card on its own in another computer and it still didn't work then I think your only conclusion is that it's the card. You should exchange it if you just bought it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…