cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New driver released - 7.0.1.35 :)

Dicehunter
Level 10
New drivers are out, Only tested them with windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit but they seem great so far 🙂

http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus#support

10 REPLIES 10

lolplz
Level 7
After i installed the new driver i started getting BSODs caused by (im PRETTY sure) CMHDAUDIO64.sys. I'm going back to the older release..

EDIT: This happens when plugging/unplugging the front speaker jack. Win7 x64 ultimate.

Loud pops , channel swiching , same problems
this was my last try with this card and asus
i am gonna replace all my stuff tomorrow with a G1 sniper 5 and use the onboard sound or try to find some soundcard that works

Highlnder3
Level 7
Running perfectly on my Phoebus. I had no trouble installing the new driver and the card worked right away.

Thank you ASUS for getting us a new driver.
I'd rather be a smartass than a dumbass!!!

Maximus V Extreme - 3770K @ 4.5ghz - Kingston Hyper X KHX24C11K4/16X 16GB @ 2400mhz
Corsair Hydro Series H80i - 2 x MSI GTX 770 Lightning - Samsung 830 SSD 256GB - WD Caviar Black 2TB
Xonar Phoebus - Corsair AX1200i - Antec Eleven Hundred - LG 27EA63V

Luxion
Level 7
I'm a little puzzled...this driver is for W7 only, it appears, and AFAICT there's nothing about what it may fix/improve. (Let alone that it's WHQL. Three WHQL driver releases in two months?) I'll probably give it a twirl on general principle, but I'd love to know what it tweaks.

Luxion wrote:
but I'd love to know what it tweaks.

I also wouldn't mind knowing what's been changed since the last update

x7007
Level 7
Nice will check it !

Rahmiel
Level 7
Having trouble with these new drivers (but not with performance for the card).

I install the drivers, and the message comes up saying "do not choose to restart but some functions may not work, restart later". And that's fine. Another dialogue box comes up, and I tell it to run. And everything seems fine. But every time I restart my computer, I'm asked to run phoebus and something else. So.. why do I get a dialogue box every time I start up whereas I never got it each time I restart my comp with the previous drivers?

Anyone else experiencing this?

dan_ivan
Level 7
Hey Rahmiel; after restart, when you get the the dialogue box, it should have a check box with "Always ask". You should uncheck that box and shouldn't appear anymore.
Hope it helps,

Karimento
Level 7
I switched from another sound card to phoebus just about a week ago and i have liked every bit of it.
I am surprised of how well it performes and the clarity of sound it brings.
But i have had some issues with drivers.
Occasionally Xonar Phoebus says it has encountered an error and needs to close and i need to restart to make it work again.

And is it possible to add a feature when right clicking the tray icon you can choose output between headphones and speakers, instead of opening the Phoebus control panel and switching from there?