cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Razer BlackWindow keyboard with mouse-click simulation

ottoyu34
Level 9
Razer is readying a new high-end mechanical keyboard for gaming. Named the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate, the keyboard is one of the first to feature illumination. Being a mechanical keyboard, each key has its own mechanical switch compared to conventional keyboards that have a common plastic printed circuit membrane with rubber dome switches. Mechanical keys give better tactile feedback for better control. Apart from the standard 102-key US layout, Razer added several special and macro-bound keys that can be managed from the included software. The keys as well as the company badge is illuminated blue. Razer's BlackWidow Ultimate is expected to cost $129 in the US, when it launches later this week.

Update (18/8): Razer also has a standard variant of the BlackWidow (minus the "Ultimate" marker, which lacks key illumination. This one is expected to be priced at $79.99.

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/128992/Razer_Readies_BlackWidow_Ultimate_Gaming_Mechanical_Keyboard.html
12 REPLIES 12

Retired
Not applicable
!!! MECHANICAL KEYBOARD !!! I'm pre-ordering this right now! I just can't decide if I want the Ultimate or not, though the $80 variation probably wont have clear lettered keys, probably painted white/silver.

Retired
Not applicable
I'm typically not a Razor fan, but this has me intrigued. It looks simple and clean, although I'm not a fan of the blue illumination. If I make the purchase, some modding may be in order.

xeromist
You mean you don't like blue or illumination in general? No need to mod it if you buy the cheaper one without illumination.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
I think it's because the blue wont match his rig. That would be my peeve. I got lucky with mine, I wanted red lighting though the LEDs on the ATCS840 are a stunning bright blue. So it matches my Saitek Eclipse keyboard and Razer Lechesis which is both blue lit. Since my case isn't windowed, I can probably get away with blue lighting inside. Then get this to replace my Eclipse since that thing has crumbs all over inside it. Not sure I want to blow 130 just yet though.

Retired
Not applicable
xeromist wrote:
You mean you don't like blue or illumination in general? No need to mod it if you buy the cheaper one without illumination.

I like the illumination, just not in blue. Most of my keyboards have been from Logitech, and I'm a huge fan of the v.2 G15.

Victus wrote:
I think it's because the blue wont match his rig. That would be my peeve. I got lucky with mine, I wanted red lighting though the LEDs on the ATCS840 are a stunning bright blue. So it matches my Saitek Eclipse keyboard and Razer Lechesis which is both blue lit. Since my case isn't windowed, I can probably get away with blue lighting inside. Then get this to replace my Eclipse since that thing has crumbs all over inside it. Not sure I want to blow 130 just yet though.

Exactly, the blue won't match. I'd love to have another orange backlit option, or even white LED. Sure, I know I can get white illumination in other boards, but I want something pretty high in quality and feel.

Kaboom
Level 8
Oh geez, better bring back the hot pink stilettos and big hair then.

Retired
Not applicable
Matching lipstick?

Another downer I have yet to mention since I figured it may grow on me. Is the typeface on the buttons. Don't know exactly what it is, I just simply don't like it.

Retired
Not applicable
is that good for sc2?

ottoyu34
Level 9
This is no doubt on the wish list. The standard one will have sliver coloured keys instead.
check out the mini-site of it.