Level 7
Hi guys,
I have an asus laptop model-k53sc with specs
Core i 5, 2.4GHz, 6gb ram with nVidia 520MX

Recently i faced problem with my laptop, having no display
I took it for repair, and they said that BIOS update is needed..and I agreed

Once done and i received my laptop its all different
I found
My bios showing K53e (whereas my laptops model is k53sc)
Even my dxdiag shows K53e
in addition my nVidia 520MX is not detected and my dvd drive won't work neither
and oh yes the display info shows that I have intel HD 3000

Why is these all changes....i am really worried ..I bought my laptop jsut 1.3yrs passed
I was afraid may the guys cheated me by changing some parts...I mean is it possible to do so
I still do have my back product no...and yes it yet say K53sc...

Please kindly help me...what could be the cause

THANKS
1 REPLY 1

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

If you haven't already, check the serial number of your current notebook to make sure it matches the serial number of the notebook you sent back originally and follow up with your local service center if necessary to make sure they returned the correct notebook to you or find out what happened.

The serial number of your original notebook in our system will show what you had originally, so there should not be any way the repair center can intentionally 'cheat' you and hopefully it was just an honest mix-up if anything went wrong that you can resolve with them.

Otherwise, please send me a Private Message (PM) through our ROG forums to cl-Albert with the serial number of your original and current notebooks and RMA number if you need my help to check into it more.

On a side note don't think the repair center would guess or know a bios update is required unless the system stopped working after you flashed the bios (or they have seen the problem before?) since defective hardware could also cause similar problems.

Well, hopefully we can get this resolved soon.

Thanks.