cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Black Edition is strong

Gunslinger
Level 7
Did some LN2 benching this weekend testing out a new 4960X I was lucky enough to find.

This motherboard is very strong. I used the basic LN2 #1 profile already set in the bios, and adjusted the key voltages, bclock and memory settings from there. Having the profiles is very nice, makes benching much more enjoyable knowing the basics are set right, and that you just need to make minor adjustments to get the system up to speed and very stable.

System:
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
Intel i7 4960X
4x2GB Corsair Dominator GTX3's
Corsair AX1200
Kingpin F1 Dark CPU pot

Took the six core HWBot Prime record CPU at 6.4GHz

Cinebench R11.5 record CPU at 6.33GHz

Cinebench R15 Record CPU at 6.35GHz

13 REPLIES 13

Raja
Level 13
Wow, those are some killer results Mike 🙂

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Wow, those are some killer results Mike 🙂

Thanks Raja, still kind of scared to run XTU on this chip though. 😛

Gunslinger wrote:
Thanks Raja, still kind of scared to run XTU on this chip though. 😛

Haha yeah, one time deal sometimes.

jaggerwild
Level 7
Nice work Guns!
Asus X79 DELUXE
3930K WATER
2X Intel 520 Raid o
2X GTX 780ti DCII OC WATER
16 GB G skill 2133
Corsiar AX1200
Acer 24" 1080
Swiftech MCP655 Vari
HWlabs 3/120
Asus DVD

BLIND BIOS FLASH LINK http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12749-RIVE-BIOS-FlashBack

meankeys
Level 13
Very nice! Great job nice setup 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey Mike that is some serious CPU power you have there. I hear you about XTU I certainly would not run it with that CPU. Looks like the Pro Cup is going to be tight this time round eh....?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Gunslinger
Level 7
I hope it's tighter than previous rounds. Still working on the 3D side, and it's not playing nice.

HiVizMan
Level 40
When does it ever play nice. You will forgive me for not wishing it is tight of course. 😛
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Every time I think just wait it out until the RVE comes out something like this pops up and I start wanting a RIVBE 😮

Great scores Gunslinger!