cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula reads 1.9v on Core Voltage 0 in Bios ?!

eagle_23_
Level 7
Hi there 🙂

Can anybody please help me to get this failure away ?
Dont think its a Software reading Bug because the failure is in the Bios, too.
I tried Bios 1102-1302 but nothing changed.

At Load the Voltage goes up to 2.2v. At the beginning i remember there was a Bug between CPUZ and Asus Boards were the VCCIN was read instead the Vcore but this is not the same because its also wrong in the Bios.

Thanks for answers
11 REPLIES 11

Raja
Level 13
1) What have you got plugged into the board - list all parts including USB devices.

2) The fault is something to do with the super IO. Either the chip has a fault (could be many things) or something is interfering with the polling for some reason. Long shot is corrupt ME (but not sure on that).

-Raja

eagle_23_
Level 7
oh thanks for your help.
The plugged parts can cause this failure ?

In Windows it would be Software related but in the Bios is strange.

USB i have connected:

Razer Anansi Keyboard
Razer Mamba Mouse.
Canon IP4600 Printer
Logilink LED Mouspad with integrated HUB

Onboard USB: ( also tried without these Devices connected)
Aquaero 5
AX1200i Power Supply Link

Onboard:
2x 780TI
2x 4gb TridentX
2x SSD SATA
1x Blueray SATA

eagle_23_
Level 7
I just played around a bit and noticed that is always displayed twice the amount.

Manual Vcore set to 1.1v is 2.2 on Core Voltage 0
Manual Vcore set to 1.2v is 2.4 on Core Voltage 0
Manual Vcore set to 1.4v is 2.8 on Core Voltage 0

is the Sensors set false ?

Antony-rog
Level 8
I'll try to see in mine here, that's very strange.

Antony-rog
Level 8
Here intel etu shows almost precise voltage compared to bios.
What options do you have selected? Are you ocing it?

eagle_23_
Level 7
the failure comes without Overclocking. Fresh Bios flash no HDD connected. Bios reading false.
I measured with a Multimeter and there the Voltage is correct.
I think the Sensor is false calibrated. Its always Factor 2 reading

Antony-rog
Level 8
If you used a multimeter and confirmed it, you should RMA this board. I know it's always the last resort because you will have to disassemble your system and stay without the board for some time, but it's better to solve this.
Have you run it for a awhile to see how it behaves? You could use it like this, since it's just reporting it wrong but working correctly, if the voltages are stable to the cpu.
I've never seen someone with kind of problem before. After reding your post, I tested my board with a few apps, intel xtu, occt, aida64, to see if the voltages were okay. Nothing of the sort happened.
Could you disable everything, auto tuning, asus enhancement, etc, and check if it does the same? Set everything, voltages and such.

eagle_23_
Level 7
i said with DMM the Voltage is correct 🙂 No worry for too much Volt. If the 2.2 where true the CPU has already gone to heaven 😉

It must be a false calibrated Sensor or something else. Still no answer from Asus Support via email 😞

eagle_23_
Level 7
answer from ASUS Support : Clear CMOS or change CPU o_O "lol"