cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G30AB question about D drive

Tobster
Level 7
Hello, I've recently bought this computer with a 120gb SSD drive which is the C part and it also has 2 TB HDD which is the D drive. My C is now full, but I'm wondering if I can move some programs over to D drive and if I can use the D drive as it is? When i enter the D drive its just empty and no folders etc there. Can anyone please help me with this as I'm not very good at this technical stuff with computers.

Much appriciated!

/Toby
3 REPLIES 3

X-ROG
Level 15
Hi Toby,

You'll need to uninstall some programs and reinstall them (providing you have the original program install files) - as you reinstall, direct them to D:\, which will put them on there instead. Alternatively if you have videos/photos/personal files (in My Documents perhaps) - move them to D:\ instead.

Another way to free space is start --> cleanup --> C:\ then that should clean a lot of old chaff on C:

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I got one more question regarding windows - I've been wondering if I should update from windows 8 to windows 8.1 but I'm unsure if that will mess up with any settings on my ASUS ROG G30AB, do u know anything about this?

/Toby

X-ROG
Level 15
It shouldn't mess up the settings, Windows should update most of the drivers, or, the product page should list those for 8.1 that might not be listed.. 8.1 Update 1 is out in a few days as well (8th April) from Microsoft. From our website stats I can tell you most people are already running 8.1 (like myself!) with no issue on other ROG-based systems 🙂