cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Live Update, need help

Lorca
Level 7
Hi, I noticed that Live Update states that I don't need to update my environment but I went to the Asus download site and there are many newer drivers there. What's up with that?
4 REPLIES 4

JRd1st
Level 12
Do yourself a favor; uninstall Asus Live Update and download whatever drivers you see that are new.

Asus updates drivers so rarely that having Asus Live Update running is a waste of system resources.

Enjoy your notebook! 😄
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

JRd1st wrote:
Do yourself a favor; uninstall Asus Live Update and download whatever drivers you see that are new.

Asus updates drivers so rarely that having Asus Live Update running is a waste of system resources.

Enjoy your notebook! 😄

Lol. That crossed my mind and I think I will go ahead and do that, but I have concerns. At the official Asus download site there are so many updates and some have somewhat different names to the ones I've installed despite being the same. Also, do I just overwrite the old drivers or do I have to uninstall something first?

Chastity
Level 10
It's usually best to uninstall the old one first, reboot, then install the new one.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Chastity@ASUS wrote:
It's usually best to uninstall the old one first, reboot, then install the new one.

Ok, that sounds logical. Do you know of any drivers that needs to be overwritten instead of uninstall first. What I mean is, I don't want to uninstall something first and when I reboot I get error messages of drivers missing and whatnot. Are all the drivers(in G74SX-BBK7) safe to uninstall first? Thanks.