cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need helpUpdating the Video Drivers on my G73JH

Retired
Not applicable
Ok as the title says i need help Updating the video drivers for my G73JH that i bought from Best Buy. But when i try to install the new drivers it does not work the laptop acts as if i just removed the drivers all together and the computer slows down and acts choppy. I had to Uninstall the driver and windows put back on the default video driver which is 8.683.0.0 really old drivers from 2009. Checked the asus website and its the same Would like to get diver 11.9 or even better 11.10 so i can try the BF3 beta. Am I doing somthing wrong? My old desktop never had issues like this.Sorry for my poor spelling and grammar i am running off of 2 hours of sleep and just returning from a 16 hour work shift.
5 REPLIES 5

Retired
Not applicable
ok there are a couple things you need to do right off the bat assuming you havent done this yet step one flash your bios to 213 you can find this on the support website, then after that get a usb flash drive and follow this threads directions to the t http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?519-G73Jh-GSOD-Vbios-Update this will keep you from getting the crashes associated with using anything other than stock drivers etc will kill any possible headache then make sure after you do all this that you download the actual driver package its the 1.XX meg file not the second tab as it has a tendancy to not come with the driver leaving you with a cruddy looking resolution no 3d support and catalyst will just sit there and go durrrrr,,, but do this all in order highly recomend running the uninstall option on ccc as well if i missed anything let me know

Retired
Not applicable
oh and you dont have to used the overdrive bios it doesnt make much of a difference just make sure you flash your actual bios first i think this is why some are bricking their laptops

Pyro411
Level 7
DanDaMan please see the post from Brian@ASUS at http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?519-G73Jh-GSOD-Vbios-Update to update the vBios on your laptop if you have not already done so.

Several of us have used 11.08 with the updated vBios from Brian or Chastity with no issue so 11.09 "Should" work where 11.10 being a beta driver may require some modifications to the files to work properly on your laptop, which others in this board may have tested. Please be patient though as several of those who may have tested this might not reply until later tonight.

Retired
Not applicable
11.9 works well gives a 1 percent performance increase in some settings, very stable works well with bf3 and i have tested this i ran everything ultra on a matching to his laptop, the 11.10 beta which i have not tested is speculated to give dramatic performance gains involving aa, though i must state that when i say i run at ultra i have my aa set to msaa in catalyst

Retired
Not applicable
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx the file on this page will guarentee you get whole catlyst package with drivers