cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX dead battery 0% available, plugged in, charging(not charging) new from dec 13'

Hasson82
Level 7
Laptop wont stay on unless ac adaptor is plugged in, i dont have a spare battery or charger to test to see what might be the
problem. I have tried several fixes for this problem including taking out battery:pushing power button several times once removed, waiting 30 mins, putting battery back in, not restarting but just allowing charging.

laptop currently displays a solid orange light which will change to green for a second then returns to orange again.

I have tried un-installing battery and ac charger drivers from device manager (with and without battery attached) this makes no
difference.

I have checked power management settings a few times, nothing has been changed since purchase.
I purchased the laptop in december 2013 uk. battery is given regular opportunity to deplete.

battery status has continued to remain at 0%, plugged in with charging and not charging status changing regularly despite no actual charge being held.

If anybody has any idea what this is i would be so grateful for a fix, if not, i will have to return battery, laptop etc.

Cheers Folk

Chris
14 REPLIES 14

hmscott
Level 12
Hasson82 wrote:
Laptop wont stay on unless ac adaptor is plugged in, i dont have a spare battery or charger to test to see what might be the
problem. I have tried several fixes for this problem including taking out battery:pushing power button several times once removed, waiting 30 mins, putting battery back in, not restarting but just allowing charging.

laptop currently displays a solid orange light which will change to green for a second then returns to orange again.

I have tried un-installing battery and ac charger drivers from device manager (with and without battery attached) this makes no
difference.

I have checked power management settings a few times, nothing has been changed since purchase.
I purchased the laptop in december 2013 uk. battery is given regular opportunity to deplete.

battery status has continued to remain at 0%, plugged in with charging and not charging status changing regularly despite no actual charge being held.

If anybody has any idea what this is i would be so grateful for a fix, if not, i will have to return battery, laptop etc.

Cheers Folk

Chris

Chris, this method worked for me, it happened on my JW, and after doing this, the problem didn't come back.

Go into the Device Manager, Expand the Batteries group, Right click on the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant...Method Battery, select uninstall and after it uninstalls, click on the Action tab, select scan for Hardware Changes.

Then reboot. Let us know if that fixes it 🙂

hmscott wrote:
Chris, this method worked for me, it happened on my JW, and after doing this, the problem didn't come back.

Go into the Device Manager, Expand the Batteries group, Right click on the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant...Method Battery, select uninstall and after it uninstalls, click on the Action tab, select scan for Hardware Changes.

Hey, tried this a few times, it hasn't worked for me, light is still blinking orange/green and battery is still dead.

I'm not sure what else I can do

Hmmmm

Hasson82 wrote:
Hey, tried this a few times, it hasn't worked for me, light is still blinking orange/green and battery is still dead.

I'm not sure what else I can do

Hmmmm

Then it isn't a software issue, it is a hardware problem... file a Technical Inquiry with Asus here, after setting up a login and registering your laptop:

http://vip.asus.com

Or, if your seller support allows you to return it for refund/replacement, that could be quicker to getting you another new G750 🙂

hi, i have been battling with this website vip.asus.com, its totally unresponsive and will not let me enter anything into the fields. Will have to contact the company i bought this from as asus' website is not working. :mad:

Hasson82 wrote:
hi, i have been battling with this website vip.asus.com, its totally unresponsive and will not let me enter anything into the fields. Will have to contact the company i bought this from as asus' website is not working. :mad:

What browser are you using? Works for me on IE, Firefox 28, and Chrome beta...

Sometimes Asus's internet connection from the USA is flaky, it might be the same from where you are too... give it a try later, and try another browser.

I just went there from the USA, and it logged me right in, 2-3 seconds, Firefox 28.

Then I selected Technical Inquiry, and it took about 45 seconds to load it up, login me in.

hmscott wrote:

This worked for me. I found that if I uninstalled then scanned for hardware changes it started the charging cycle but stopped after less than a minute and remained on 0% available. The trick was to uninstall, scan for hardware then shut the lid as soon as the charging cycle started, putting the laptop top sleep. This was enough to establish the charging cycle and now I have a fully charged battery again. Brilliant! This is my 2nd replacement battery and I could have saved myself the expense and inconvenience had I known about this technique. Thank you.

Old thread but i thought I'd answer

If the uninstall/reinstall of the battery drivers does not work, you need a new battery...Other solutions DON'T work (there are a couple of them online)...

Flotterz wrote:
This worked for me. I found that if I uninstalled then scanned for hardware changes it started the charging cycle but stopped after less than a minute and remained on 0% available. The trick was to uninstall, scan for hardware then shut the lid as soon as the charging cycle started, putting the laptop top sleep. This was enough to establish the charging cycle and now I have a fully charged battery again. Brilliant! This is my 2nd replacement battery and I could have saved myself the expense and inconvenience had I known about this technique. Thank you.

Hi there. I did that part uninstall the battery from device manager then after i uninstall it my laptop was turned off. After the reboot, the battery status stayed at 0% and it says "charging" and the battery that ive uninstalled was restored. Please help

Hasson82
Level 7
i got it, just had to be patient with it, thank you again