cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a wireless a/c daul band for my S56CA-DH51..

Arjai
Level 7
Budget: under $100
Main uses of intended build: I surf and download Movies at a coffee shop with a barely used 5g router
Parts required: A card that WILL work in this, don't want a USB.
Previous build information (list details of parts): Currently is the OEM Atheros N card
Monitor resolution: Doesn't really matter, does it?
Storage requirements: Storage is fine, eyeballing an SSD for it after the wifi card

Extra information about desired system: ASUS says they cannot give me any recommendations.

Perhaps, a few of you may have a suggested wifi adapter that will work?

Thanks!

I was referred here from TPU, two years + on their Crunching team.

I had a hell of a tough time updating my brother's ACER a little over a year ago. I am hoping that I can avoid that mess by reaching out to the folks here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I was recommended a Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, but i am unsure this is white-listed, black-listed or what? If it will definitely work I will pull the plug.
1 REPLY 1

StereoROG
Level 7
AC 7260 works well with my G75vw and im pretty sure it will work with you also, but to be fair many users are facing issues with it and again it doesn tmean you will have issues with it also as long as you know how to install it and take care of the drivers.

Another choice is the Killer N thingy im not sure about the product details but many laptops are using it these days which means it is a solid product.

The rest is your choice use google wisely before you buy anything.

Hope this helps, you are welcome to ask anything.