cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup Programs/Shut Down ASUS Live Update

FSXNut
Level 7
ASUS live update is running in the background. What is the name of this program as it appears in msconfig? I would like to turn it off. Any other programs in msconfig that I can shut down safely?
9 REPLIES 9

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
just uninstall it... it really is not necessary.
You Heard It From - ']['he (())riginal - ']['.(()).

Retired
Not applicable
3161 IF you could take a screen shot of your Msconfig and post it that will make it very easy to advise. I will post mine if you wish to compare

Thx Josea, here's mine any recommendations appreciated. I am about to put SSD in this and also want to shut down any unnecessary windows services as well so if you have any suggestions.

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
or you can not take my superior advice -.-' ...

sure i got that, but it's just one program. have you any insight/knowledge about all these others?:p

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
Which ones? like fancy start etc??

/edit your msconfig looks normal to me. idk if any others need to be closed.

Untick SSEreg, and your startup has an awful lot of Cyberlink entries. I guess you have PowerDVD, but what do you need to have autostart for on a DVD player (this is one reason I like opensource programs, they don't bloat your system!!!!!)? I bet at least one is a nagware program to get you to register. Check out those program names on google and see for yourself. 😉

Also, if you don't use ExpressGate, uninstall it or at least untick VAWinAgent. Anything to do with wallpapers you can do without in the startups, too. Windows can handle wallpapers without the need for bloatware. lol
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

chrsplmr
Level 18
Here is mine.

Everything runs fine.