cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GTX780Ti DC2OC _ VRM are Very Very HoT!

1stcowgirl
Level 7
im trying to look around and find an answer about the card VRM, they get 90c up to 100c on load.

iv seen users with the same temps on VRM but could not find any reasonable Answer.
so, anyone know whats with those crazy temps?
is it safe?
ºi7-4790k, ºZ97-A, º4x4GB Ripjaws X 1600mhz, ºASUS GTX 780Ti OC [DC2OC] ºCorsair GS700, ºCM 690 IIIº LG E2241T ºWin 7 Ulti' SP1 x64
48 REPLIES 48

MeanMachine
Level 13
1stcowgirl wrote:
im trying to look around and find an answer about the card VRM, they get 90c up to 100c on load.

iv seen users with the same temps on VRM but could not find any reasonable Answer.
so, anyone know whats with those crazy temps?
is it safe?

I have EVGA GTX 780 Precision software to clock and monitor my card, I would assume ASUS have something similar, You should check to see what the Fan profiles are. I adjust mine to go full blast once temps reach 60c. These cards run hot under load especially if the card is overclocked and fans set to auto. The only real answer is to provide a liquid cooling system or more fans. 80c is ok but 100c constantly will only reduce the life of your card. Hope this helps
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

1stcowgirl
Level 7
if any of you would had to choose between Asus GTX780TI-DC2OC or MSI GTX 780Ti GAMING
Which one would you go for?
ºi7-4790k, ºZ97-A, º4x4GB Ripjaws X 1600mhz, ºASUS GTX 780Ti OC [DC2OC] ºCorsair GS700, ºCM 690 IIIº LG E2241T ºWin 7 Ulti' SP1 x64

Avoid MSI. Poor build quality, and on top of that the fans leak lubricant and rattle on their 780 Ti (I had one, I know). I like the asus DC2OC, and i am also having vrm issues. Personally I am speculating that the VRM temperature problem affects everyone with this card, and most people don't know/don't care about the vrm temps. The vrm issue is not a problem on the 780 DC2OC, so i am assuming there is a missing thermal pad somewhere. Can't look without voiding the warranty on a $850 card though...

joeyherps wrote:
Avoid MSI. Poor build quality, and on top of that the fans leak lubricant and rattle on their 780 Ti (I had one, I know). I like the asus DC2OC, and i am also having vrm issues. Personally I am speculating that the VRM temperature problem affects everyone with this card, and most people don't know/don't care about the vrm temps. The vrm issue is not a problem on the 780 DC2OC, so i am assuming there is a missing thermal pad somewhere. Can't look without voiding the warranty on a $850 card though...

had same thing on my gtx680 dc2oc.

Firedcylinder
Level 7
There's already a thread about this here. But yeah, it seems like it's a fairly widespread problem, if it is even a problem.
The Kraken
Xigmatek Aquila
Asus Rampage IV Gene
Intel i7-4820k
16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR 3 1866MHz
Asus Geforce GTX 780Ti DirectCU II
NZXT Kraken x60
Corsair AX860
Creative Soundblaster ZX

Firedcylinder wrote:
There's already a thread about this here. But yeah, it seems like it's a fairly widespread problem, if it is even a problem.

well... if they ask to RMA it then there may be a problem.

check their replay:

That is absolute crap. Turning up the fan speed does very little to nothing for the VRMs. Someone else on this forum is going through an RMA for this same issue - hopefully they update us soon, and hopefully with good results.

I also sent them a message about it. I will be doing an RMA if they give me the "turn up your fan" business.

joeyherps wrote:
That is absolute crap. Turning up the fan speed does very little to nothing for the VRMs. Someone else on this forum is going through an RMA for this same issue - hopefully they update us soon, and hopefully with good results.

I also sent them a message about it. I will be doing an RMA if they give me the "turn up your fan" business.

Well i'm telling you it does, if the GPU is hot, the consumption will raise and the VRMs are going to have more workload so it will get hotter along with GPU, Asus needs to release a Bios (optional update) with fans speeds raised to keep the Graphics card cooler, otherwise the card will last no longer than a year with those crazy temperatures, i hope Asus listen to us people facing this problem including me, i will be soo happy if they do something, if they do so i will forever buy an Asus graphics card again, the lack of support irritates me badly and makes me feel they don't care at all.

Kyuuba wrote:
Well i'm telling you it does, if the GPU is hot, the consumption will raise and the VRMs are going to have more workload so it will get hotter along with GPU, Asus needs to release a Bios (optional update) with fans speeds raised to keep the Graphics card cooler, otherwise the card will last no longer than a year with those crazy temperatures, i hope Asus listen to us people facing this problem including me, i will be soo happy if they do something, if they do so i will forever buy an Asus graphics card again, the lack of support irritates me badly and makes me feel they don't care at all.

yes you right.
LOWER GPU TEMP WILL RESAULT IN LOWER VRM TEPMS
I feel you.
(i even starting to think i should write all over stuf like this: "Do you own an ASUS card, then you probably own a microwave oven. check your VRM tepms and find out the surprise ASUS had made for you"_)