cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating BIOS: Model doesn't match?

Retired
Not applicable
Trying to update a bios on a A53U laptop.

EasyFlash recognizes the BIOS file but when I press Enter to flash I get:

Model name doesn't match!
Force to update BIOS?
Yes No

EasyFlash specifies the old BIOS as K43BY. The new BIOS file is
K43BY-215 and was downloaded from Asus's page with A53U drivers.

So what the heck does not match? And should I go ahead and force the flashing?
5 REPLIES 5

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcom Oao,

Wait for a tech..to answer this...force the bios that doesnt match..Not I.
Were you having issues that you thought the update was necessary..or
just updating to the latest?
When it is not broke..I dont fix it. Silly rule I have.

Retired
Not applicable
Well, it looks to me like the problem is due to Asus attaching the .215 to the file name; if so not very smart. However, I wanted to make sure. I did contact Asus support too, but no reply yet.

The laptop is quite slow and has a few minor quirks, so I am updating all drivers and BIOS to latest to see if that makes a difference.

oao, quick questions

What version bios do you currently have?
Have you tried downloading a less current revision of the bios such as 211 if that's higher then the revision you have, since 211 upgrades EZFlash while doing the rest of the bios upgrade?

fuzon1337
Level 10
Be sure to download the right BIOS version from Asus Support

And when your going to update you could follow these steps for more secure flash of your BIOS (if you not already are doing it this way).

JRd1st wrote:

1. Format a USB drive to FAT32 format.
2. Download the new BIOS and unzip it to the USB drive.
3. Remove USB drive after you're certain the file transfer is complete.
4. Restart your notebook and while the ASUS logo is on the screen press F2 or del a few times to enter the BIOS setup.
5. Find the Easy Flash Utility and insert the USB drive. Tell Easy flash where your BIOS file is then follow directions explicitely!!!
6. When your notebook restarts, enter the BIOS Setup utility again and select "Load Optimized Defaults" (I think it's f9 )
7. Save and Exit, then continue into Windows.

But, if your notebook work as it should, you DON'T have to update BIOS. "Don't screw with BIOS if it already works as it should do." 😉
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

xoozey
Level 7
I have an ASUS lap top which has a K53SC label on the back, but its BIOS version says K53SD, and K53SV on the mainboard. now whenever I install WIN 7 graphics go to 16-bit, and no matter what I do, I cannot install the graphics properly, and windows gives CODE 12 error: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use ....
I installed win 8.1 and win 10, in both versions graphics work in 32 bit, but the same problem exists with intel driver.
another thing, i checked the CPU options for K53SD and K53SV series and my CPU matches the specifications of SV model. Am I to assume that my lap top is K53SV? and I googled around and it seems that the problem with VGA is due to BIOS! Should I force install K53SV BIOS? also, before I check the label on my mainboard, I updated the BIOS to the newest version, thats because I had the same problem then.