cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JM Driver Power State Failure

Ace0751
Level 7
Has anyone gotten this error message? This has been happening recently to my new G750JM. I think I know what the problem is though. I have my OS on the SSD and everything else on the 1TB HDD. I think the HDD is going and needs replaced very soon, am I correct?
Intel I7 950, MSI Radeon 290x, Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 2000mhz, 256GB Samsung pro, 2TB WD Black, Danger Den Custom Case, Liquid Cooled
66 REPLIES 66

hmscott
Level 12
Ace0751 wrote:
Has anyone gotten this error message? This has been happening recently to my new G750JM. I think I know what the problem is though. I have my OS on the SSD and everything else on the 1TB HDD. I think the HDD is going and needs replaced very soon, am I correct?

Do you have the HDD in the laptop, or in a external USB enclosure?

The good news is it is probably not a dieing drive...

The bad news is there are lots of people seeing this error on other hardware, and after 10 minutes of reading, not a single fix solved any of them...

https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+8.1+Driver+Power+State+Failure&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=or...

If you come across a fix that solves the problem for you, please post it back here 🙂

Hi! I got my G750JM on June 11th. I also get the error and still have no real solution. The ASUS Support only meant, that i should send the Laptop in .... no way! I will not send my new 1400.- Euro Laptop by mail across europe when it is just 3 days old ... Currently it seems to be stable, as i installed the latest nvidia Drivers which can be found on the ASUS Support site! With the newest nvidia Drivers from the nvidia page, the error returned immediately! Maybe it is a Driver Problem of nvidia ... 😞

My G750JM won't even boot!! Got mine from amazon June 10, 2014! This is very frustrating.
ASUS ROG G750JM | GTX 860M | 12GB DDR3 RAM | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD | 1TB TOSHIBA HDD
RAZER OROCHI | RAZER BLACKWIDOW [TOURNAMENT EDITION] | RAZER MORAY | RAZER GOLIATHUS

Ace0751
Level 7
What's happening when you turn it on?
Intel I7 950, MSI Radeon 290x, Corsair Dominator GT 12GB 2000mhz, 256GB Samsung pro, 2TB WD Black, Danger Den Custom Case, Liquid Cooled

I may have found a solution. Go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Choose what the power buttons do

Then, simply uncheck "Turn off fast startup"

If it's greyed out, click "Change settings that are currently unavailable"

I tried it and so far it works; let me know if it helps!

Ace0751
Level 7
Actually after some updates haven't had that error message since.

MarxSoul55
Level 7
UPDATE: The fix I mentioned before doesn't work. Sorry guys.

xjovex
Level 7
I've seen this pop up many times on this forum, the cause is Nvidia's latest graphic card drivers. The current one is 337.88, This driver is the cause to your G750 JM Driver Power State Failure. While I had this installed I probably got 2 to 3 BSOD a day. I doubt if that did any good for the system itself and I didn't want to lose things I was working on. As of now my current fix is to go to the asus software download page, and download version
VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918133260 - I've had this laptop for 2 months now, and have been running Version V9.18.13.3260 . Its stable and I haven't seen any Power state failures. If you plan on installing this version, you must download it, and select CLEAN INSTALL., or custom install, and cant remember off hand. this version is 1 down from the newest driver. It was released on 2014.03.05 . The current driver is from 2014.07.04. Anyway, If anyone talks to asus or what not please let them know this info, also please let us know if you have heard anything about a fix coming from them! Hopefully a new NVidia driver will come out soon!
-Nick

En castellano, Este es el verdadero problema, los drivers de Nvidia, reinstalen los basicos que trae por defecto y solucionado... Really Works