cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant hear left headphone speaker?

HellTiger
Level 7
Hello.

I have the driver Phoebus_7_0_1_35_WHQL on win7 64bit. I tried two working pairs of headphones but i cant hear the left side on both of them, they work on other devices. Please advice.
9 REPLIES 9

GoldenDrako
Level 7
Did you ever fix this problem?!! Mine just started it a day ago. Both speakers work if plugged into green speaker jack. But in the the headphone jack only right side plays and volume is reallllly low in left ear and crackles. Tried another set of headphone same problem!!

We got the same problem in the same month??!!! is that why you joined

dawack
Level 7
any news on this as mine is doing the same

yaotzin
Level 7
Hello, i've just picked up the sound card (about 6 hours ago), and I've mounted it in my PC, and I've the exact same problem. The left side has the volume really low and the right seems not to be amplified at all. I've thinking in a immediate RMA, because this is not acceptable. Not in this kind of high-end line.

I've a high-end headphones that work fine in every other music players, including in a old Creative Audigy SE sound card.

Really hope to be contacted by Asus to solve this, or I'll change to Creative again...

Samaelvonhell
Level 7
Hi, i've just fixed that issue on my "new" Phoebus.

Its an hardware issue, in ideal world i would just get a reward of something for finding out an engineering flaw, they would make new revision of PCB, threw new components into a pick&place machine and everyone would be happy. In real world that component was chosen weak for product placement - so the card would live flawlessly only till the end of the guarantee, and i'll be targeted by Asus assassins to be killed for revealing the secret ;].

Here, i've marked on the picture what was burned on my card, little SMD 10 Ohm resistor, below the headphone amp TPA6120A2. Measured after taking it it off, had like 70 kOhm's

Easy, took me 10 min to find and 1min to replace, but then again i repair laptop motherboards and other electronic junk for living.
Dont blame Asus, its normal nowadays, product placement and disposable electronics that last only 2 years. Works in normal countries but makes ppl angry in a 3'rd world country like mine (member of UE therefore price's are like in UE but average salary is like in Russia, freakin like 400$ a month).

So what value resistor did you replace the 10 Ohm one with?

Thanks in advance

Samaelvonhell wrote:
Hi, i've just fixed that issue on my "new" Phoebus.

Its an hardware issue, in ideal world i would just get a reward of something for finding out an engineering flaw, they would make new revision of PCB, threw new components into a pick&place machine and everyone would be happy. In real world that component was chosen weak for product placement - so the card would live flawlessly only till the end of the guarantee, and i'll be targeted by Asus assassins to be killed for revealing the secret ;].

Here, i've marked on the picture what was burned on my card, little SMD 10 Ohm resistor, below the headphone amp TPA6120A2. Measured after taking it it off, had like 70 kOhm's

Easy, took me 10 min to find and 1min to replace, but then again i repair laptop motherboards and other electronic junk for living.
Dont blame Asus, its normal nowadays, product placement and disposable electronics that last only 2 years. Works in normal countries but makes ppl angry in a 3'rd world country like mine (member of UE therefore price's are like in UE but average salary is like in Russia, freakin like 400$ a month).

Hi

I have similar issue but with left speaker. I hear like cracking or pop sound and left speaker is not working or very quiet on 5.1 configuration. Sometimes it goes away sometime switching to stereo and back to 5.1 help.
Do You think that it will be still the same resistor or I will have to take all of them and test?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Glasofruix
Level 8
That's like twice the russian salary bro 😉

Samaelvonhell
Level 7
Well, it should have 10 Ohm, so You replace burned one, that has higher value, to 10 Ohm precision (5% tolerance or less) resistor - 01X marking.

ZL0I
Level 7
Samaelvonhel Thank you very much.
I helped your post, have long suffered from the headphone issue and fixed for 5 minutes in servese now soundcard is back.