cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoebus + Tiamat 7.1 + BF4 = Sounds Murky, Horrible

Stefan_S
Level 7
PLEASE HELP!

I'm going crazy trying to make my Tiamat 7.1 sound crisp and ...good.

I've been changing all settings. If I leave everything off except flex bass ii and xear surround sound it sounds flat.

Everything disabled, gun shots still sound flat and murky.

Please, any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

Glasofruix
Level 8
Uh, all you have to do is to plug the tiamat in properly (front, rear, side, sub/center), select 7.1 in the driver (and surround ingame) and maybe add some flexbass at 80hz cutoff. No need xear surround.

I have it all connected properly. I have windows set to 7.1, and have tried it without xear surround. Still sounds terrible.

With flex bass at 80hz, what is the other slider set at? (the dB one)

Thanks!

Glasofruix wrote:
Uh, all you have to do is to plug the tiamat in properly (front, rear, side, sub/center), select 7.1 in the driver (and surround ingame) and maybe add some flexbass at 80hz cutoff. No need xear surround.

Have it connected properly. Windows set to 7.1. Tried it both with and without xear surround, still sounds horrible. For flex bass, I have it set at 80hz but what is the other slider set at? (the dB one)

I have this exact same setup, and mine sounds perfect.

What ports do you have the Tiamat plugged into?

Deathjester18952 wrote:
I have this exact same setup, and mine sounds perfect.

What ports do you have the Tiamat plugged into?

front, rear, side, sub/center.

It sounds better since I moved the tiamat power usb to a usb 3.0 port, and replugged in the jacks into the phoebus. Phoebus, only set flex bass to 80hz and 0db. Yet guns still lack a punch, and glass breaking nearby sounds louder than the actual gun itself. But, at least its better than what I was with before.

What are your phoebus settings?

Stefan_S wrote:
I have it all connected properly. I have windows set to 7.1, and have tried it without xear surround. Still sounds terrible.

With flex bass at 80hz, what is the other slider set at? (the dB one)

Thanks!

Should be less than +3 db, anything higher destroys the sound.