cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak sets GPU Boost Clock to 0

Axuox
Level 7
When I open GPU Tweak, it sets my boost clock to 0. If I change it, it changes back after clicking apply. Help? http://imgur.com/Di87qlA
9 REPLIES 9

Melkor
Level 7
If using latest beta drivers you have to uninstall them and use WHQL instead from geforce.com

Thanks! It works now. I'm using GeforceExperience which updated to the beta drivers. Do you have any idea on how much I should OC my ASUS GTX660-DC2?

MatsGlobetrotte
Level 10
Think Asus should rather send out a quickfix new Beta driver. While I agree it is Beta.. It is a fundamental feature to have Asus GTX work with GPU Tweak... and its driver, every single user uses the tweaking software. If then the driver does not match all the games-softwares perfectly is another thing. To me then it is an Alpha..

meanwhile I got the beta driver to work in a flawed way with EVGA Precision....
It started with a VIC-20... and now it is. Maximus Formula VI Intel 4770K 4.6GHz ASUS GTX780Ti 3GB Corsair Platinum Dominator 16GB 2400MHz Raid Express 240GB Samsung EVO 512 GB SSD Corsair 900D EK watercooling Corsair RM1000 ASUS PB278Q

chuckb
Level 7
Had this same problem. Couldn't make any voltage/clock adjustments in GPU tweak despite re-installing GPU Tweak and even trying previous versions. Reverting back from the beta GeForce drivers did the trick. Many thanks!!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please rep the poster who provided you with the solution as a token of thanks. Spread the love. 😄
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ambacl
Level 7
New version 2.6.6.8 fix this issue!

skellattarr
Level 10
i just tried 2.6.6.8 and even tho it works it does have one serious problem when i ran furmark my gpu clock jumped up to 1936 mhrz in the monitor if this is theactual clock it could damage the card so i went back to vid driver 337.88 and gputweak 2.6.4.0 now all is ok
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case

skellattarr wrote:
i just tried 2.6.6.8 and even tho it works it does have one serious problem when i ran furmark my gpu clock jumped up to 1936 mhrz in the monitor if this is theactual clock it could damage the card so i went back to vid driver 337.88 and gputweak 2.6.4.0 now all is ok

now i feel like a dumb ass i was looking at the processor clock when i thought i was looking at the gpu clock.
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case

skellattarr wrote:
now i feel like a dumb ass i was looking at the processor clock when i thought i was looking at the gpu clock.

You made me smile and that is a very good thing today. Thank you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.