cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xonar dx drivers compatabillity issue

roey123232
Level 7
i have a problem where in the driver asus xonar dx driver 8.1.8.1822 installation i get an error message ''unknown error'' whereas with the default drivers i got with the disc it successfully installed and works

also the uni 1.72v drivers arent installing with error message 'please plugin in your asus xonar dx device'',so i want to know why are some drivers working and some not and how could i fix it??
my rig:
asus maximus vi hero
cpu:4770k
kingston hyperx 4gb
4gb corsair vengeance
gigabyte 7970 3gb
win 8.1 64bit

i'd appreciate every help

edit:just figured out that the only driver version not working for me is 8.1.8 as i had installed 8.0.8 and it havent had any issues,its ironic because you'd expect that the actually compatible driver to my os version would be the only one working but no... its the opposite
8 REPLIES 8

roey123232
Level 7
bump

bump!!

When you installed the Xonar DX into your Win PC, did you remember to disable the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS

Tacoboy wrote:
When you installed the Xonar DX into your Win PC, did you remember to disable the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS

yes,i've done that,didnt matter.could there be any other explanations as to why the actuall drivers 8.1.8 that are suppose to be compatible with my windows 8.1 wont work???

roey123232
Level 7
bump. any more suggestions??

bump.for the life of me please tell me u didnt threw away the support for xonar dx drivers,as they are just crap.please no 😞

The Uni drivers are all that most folks use. They update them occasionally but you have to check back with them to find them.

Heini wrote:
The Uni drivers are all that most folks use. They update them occasionally but you have to check back with them to find them.

im currently using the previous uni drivers 1.71 (because 1.72 gives me error as stated in my op),which are not fully support my os.do u think there is an audio compormise or others differences with using not fully compatible drivers with my win 8.1 os???