cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Extreme disc lost?

Ryguy
Level 7
I am wanting to format my C: and cannot seem to find my motherboard installation disc. I am wanting to know what I need after formatting to get my mobo up and running again. I only really use AI Suite 2, so I'm not too worried about utilities. SATA or bus drivers are largely what I am not confident about - USB 3.0, Bluetooth and WiFi and the like are given. I've run down my device manager trying to compare to the downloads screen for the Maximus V, but there's some overlap in what's what there. Will it be obvious enough once I get back into device manager as to what I need? This is my first ROG mobo, and it's awesome with all its whistles and bells... I just want to make sure they're all back in working order.

I'm sure my installation disc will turn up, but some system instability and the fact I am wanting to just clean out my drive means I don't really want to wait.

Thanks for reading!
4 REPLIES 4

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Ryguy
I suggest you try to borrow a disk from your computer retailers techo dept, if you fail to find your own. (give them a call)
You can get what you are looking for from ASUS support, so long as you have access to the net:
It can be a painful way of doing it, as the disk installation is seamless, so try to find your disk.
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=MAXIMUS+V+FORMULA&os=30
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

kkn
Level 14
you can get what you need on the software under the download section of your mother board.
get the latest firmwares for it, put it in a USB and instal from there on.
chipset and lan and mabye usb drivers, is the main you need for it to get online.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Simply download all the stuff from the motherboard support page.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

djuplfit
Level 7
I have a .img of the disk if you want

- Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge OC @4.6GHz - ASUS Maximus V EXTREME -
CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB @1600Mhz - EVGA GTX 780Ti Classified x2 SLI - OCZ Vertex 128GB SATA III SSD - Corsair Pro Series HX 1050 Watt PSU - COOLER MASTER HAF X - Swiftech H20-220 "Ultima HD" Liquid Cooling