cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow start!

Boremc
Level 7
Hi good morning, I have a problem with booting my computer.

I have an asus motherboard MAXIMUS FORMULA V Z77 and I have connected a SATA hard drive with windows 7 64-bit ...

Long time passing the post the bios and boot windows 7. Do you know if there is any option in bios to speed up the process?

I have set the hard drive as AHCI

Thank you very much!
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
Is this a new OS installed for the motherboard or a OS that you have used before.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

what u recommended me?

Boremc
Level 7
It´s a OS that i have used before why?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah right. It is much better to do a full new OS for a different motherboard if you want the best performance.

Could you list your full hardware set so that I can better help you if you require any additional help that is. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Boremc
Level 7
ok my hardware:

1x dvd writter in sata
1x dvd reader in sata
16gb ddr3 2400
i5 2500k processor
asus gtx 770 graphic card

HiVizMan
Level 40
If possible use your Intel SATA ports for all SATA devices.

Make sure in bios that you select the fast boot option.

Boremc
Level 7
and solve the problem, was the ASMedia controller, put the hd in the intel controller and it boots fast! Thank you!

HiVizMan
Level 40
No worries mate it is nice to get it right once in a while.