cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q release date..

BOLTS4BREKFAST
Level 12
Does anyone know the release date for this monitor?
NZXT Phantom 820
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
NZXT HALE90v2 1200w PSU
Intel i7 3960X OC'd @ 4.7Ghz
Corsair H100i (Push/Pull)
MSI GAMING 4G GTX 980
16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz
2 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
2 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
SoundBlaster Z PCIe Sound Card
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound
Sennheiser PC360 Headset
LG Blu-Ray Burner
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
20 REPLIES 20

kkn
Level 14
around end of the month.
it is listed as unconfirmed on 24'th of july on the page i use in my country.
so it can be later depending on the amount they ship out.
but if it comes to the US or EU first i dont know.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
Level 12
Thanks for the info! Now I can stop searching for it every day lol
NZXT Phantom 820
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
NZXT HALE90v2 1200w PSU
Intel i7 3960X OC'd @ 4.7Ghz
Corsair H100i (Push/Pull)
MSI GAMING 4G GTX 980
16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz
2 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
2 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD's (RAID-0)
SoundBlaster Z PCIe Sound Card
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound
Sennheiser PC360 Headset
LG Blu-Ray Burner
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Kronvict
Level 9
If your in the USA its gonna be about mid to late August since Asus decided to cheap out and send their shipment to the US by boat. You would think that with such high demand and knowing that we have been kept waiting for months already that a multi million (or billion) dollar company could afford to ship it ASAP via cargo plane or air freight as well. :mad:

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
EU and APAC will get stock first as theirs are delivered by air in smaller quantities. Some regions (Nordic) already have stock I think. Not sure on Aus right now - try asking on the ROG Aus FB page. US will be in August now as their larger quantity is being delivered by boat and that takes ~20-30 days to cross the Pacific. 3-4 months seems excessive, but it depends where they are in the pecking order as demand is incredibly high for the first few batches.

Unfortunately once the shipment has left us we don't have control how long it takes to get on shop shelves - it's all dependent on distribution, customs efficiency, retailers getting the item in shop listings etc.

Kronvict wrote:
If your in the USA its gonna be about mid to late August since Asus decided to cheap out and send their shipment to the US by boat. You would think that with such high demand and knowing that we have been kept waiting for months already that a multi million (or billion) dollar company could afford to ship it ASAP via cargo plane or air freight as well. :mad:

Oh no! That's horrible news 😞

I'll already have had my 4790K sitting around for over a month by the time I get my hands on M7F to finish my build.....I'm wasting Warranty time with parts just sitting in boxes.

Guess I'll have to put my system together, just using my current (very old) 26" 1080P display. That's a slap in the face to my brand-new PC build, though I guess that will give me time to tweak my system.......still, it's a hard pill to swallow.

There's NO chance of an earlier US shipment?

Kronvict wrote:

Not cheap out - you get a better price because we can push a bigger volume, but at a slight delay unfortunately because boats only go so fast. Ground shipping is the preferred method of import for larger items into US market. Our partners require a minimum size order that's much larger than EU, and multiple air frieghts would bump the price a lot. There is huge demand and we're trying to accommodate the limited supply of panels as best we can.

Thanks Marshall!

I think someone posted that the EU price converted to almost $1200 US, and I wondered where the large discrepancy came from......seems we've found the answer.

I'm still not overjoyed to have to wait, mind you. But to save around $400, I can manage 😛

Especially since I had to spend $1K fixing my truck in the last 2 weeks >.< Working Overtime in perpetuity, begin! LOL

Pahani
Level 9
Heh and I've actually crossed the Pacific by ship, when i was in the Navy. 20 days, IMHO, is pretty optimistic. And after reading this article, 30 days seems optimistic as well >.<

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/jul/25/slow-ships-cut-greenhouse-emissions

The world's largest cargo ships are travelling at lower speeds today than sailing clippers such as the Cutty Sark did more than 130 years ago.

A combination of the recession and growing awareness in the shipping industry about climate change emissions encouraged many ship owners to adopt "slow steaming" to save fuel two years ago. This lowered speeds from the standard 25 knots to 20 knots, but many major companies have now taken this a stage further by adopting "super-slow steaming" at speeds of 12 knots (about 14mph).

Travel times between the US and China, or between Australia and Europe, are now comparable to those of the great age of sail in the 19th century. American clippers reached 14 to 17 knots in the 1850s, with the fastest recording speeds of 22 knots or more.

kkn
Level 14
the container ships use aprox 30 days from china to the US, and they stop several places too on their trip to load/unload containers.

http://www.ask.com/question/how-long-does-it-take-a-cargo-ship-to-go-from-china-to-the-us
that is china to US whit out stops i think.

kkn
Level 14
from my currency to euros it ends on 810 euros.