cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gpu tweak problem

dj_gonzales
Level 7
hello
i have asus formula vi mobo and asus gtx 770 2gb gpu and im trying to use ASUS GPU TWEAK to overclock it but my
GPU BOOST CLOCK IS 0000 mhz and i try to change it and push apply it always goes back to 0000mhz , and the memory clock
is at 7010and try to change that to it goes back to 7010 after apply. help anyone
11 REPLIES 11

kkn
Level 14
even tried monitor under load after changes made?

gpu-z say it only running at x8 v1.1 but it support x16 3.0 , and yes it is in the x16 slot ,
the bios say it is only running at x8 speed,
how can i change this

dj_gonzales
Level 7
no one can help me out here?

Nate152
Hello dj.gonzales, Welcome to the ROG forum.

Try clearing the cmos and see if that fixes the x8 problem, you can also try reseating your gpu. Look in the bios and see if it has changed to x16.
If you installed the latest Nvidia beta driver 340.43, that is why gpu tweak is reading 0's. Roll back to 337.88 and you will be able to use gpu tweak.

When installing 337.88, do a custom/advanced install and check the box that says perform a clean installation.

dj_gonzales
Level 7
thank you Nate I will try this

HiVizMan
Level 40
How did this go dj,g?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

dj_gonzales
Level 7
GPU tweak is working but i am still running on x8 speed and not x16 so i dont know what to do.
thanks for you help

InFAMAS-ONE
Level 8
Are you using a Beta driver? I had the same problem of "000 MHz" on my SLI configuration of 2 Poseidon Platinum GTX 780's. It turned out that the problem was with the new Beta driver. As soon as I rolled back to the current WHQL, the problem was resolved. as for only running on 8 lanes, I am unsure. do you have any other PCI-E devices connected to other slots?

yes I did have the Beta driver be for and i took it out and then it did work, as for the speed x8 , I only use one GPU or I only have in 1 slot and that is the first red one with the PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot no other slot are in use