cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto brightness / contrast solved ! :)

xdon82
Level 7
THE SOLUTION FOR THE LAPTOPS WITH 2 GPUs .. for other laptops it can be only one step to disable this function
Remember, autobrightness can be depended on the picture [dark elements reduce the overall brightness] and on the light outside - ther are 2 different things. And the first one is annoying, the second not 😉

This is solution for the first case. [depended on the picture]
This is function implemented in intel graphic driver.

It's connected with power save option.
If you want to turn off, then open intel graphic control panel,
then select power settings
and in battery tab at the bottom, you have something like power save technology - the last one - you can check this by clicking "?" - there is information about auto brightness ...just turn off

that's all

By the way, the auto brightness function in Windows power settings is different thing. It's auto brightness depended on environment light level. However it seems not to work in my G56JR. I wonder why this option is enabled if the screen doesnt have this function ??? any idea ? or perhaps it should work ?
8 REPLIES 8

Hitchy
Level 7
This is for dual GPU laptops only...

For G750JW no such option 😞

xdon82
Level 7
ok , but it's connected with power saving... what GPU do You have ?

Do you want to disable autobrightness depended on the picture [dark elements reduce overall screen brightness] ? or on the light level [outside / environment] ? These are 2 different things

xdon82 wrote:
ok , but it's connected with power saving... what GPU do You have ?

Do you want to disable autobrightness depended on the picture [dark elements reduce overall screen brightness] ? or on the light level [outside / environment] ? These are 2 different things

I have a G750JW with GTX 765m.
What I look for is disable autobrightness depending on the picture [dark elements reduce overall screen brightness]

I already disabled the option in Power4Gear and Nvidia panel but nothing works...

xdon82
Level 7
You probably disabled auto brightness based on the light in the room
Try to disable all power saving options in Nvidia control panel - if there is such thing

You can also try to stop auto brightness in Windows services - perhaps there is such component - check it.

something helpful: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6042-adaptive-brightness-turn-off-windows-8-a.html

Hitchy
Level 7
U know what... while I have abandonned every hope of having this issue fixed a month ago... I was surprised starting yesterday that it completely disappeared now 🙂

My screen is not anymore affected by what it is displayed (black or white images).

What s weird is that last time I checked i did all what needed to be done (in Asus power4gear and also nvidia panel) but it did not work at that time... Maybe it needed a complete shutdown or some days of rest 🙂 before working

EDIT: need however to be on AC plugged mode. On Battery the display is adaptive again

xdon82
Level 7
EDIT: need however to be on AC plugged mode. On Battery the display is adaptive again

and that shows, its power save settings. Somewhere is set to reduce brightness in order to reduce battery consumption. Believe me.
This is the clue. Something You have overlooked liked me 🙂 I didn't see this settings in Intel Control Panel [in my case] for 2 months 😉 and many other people too

Perhaps uninstall Power4Gear.

xdon82 wrote:
and that shows, its power save settings. Somewhere is set to reduce brightness in order to reduce battery consumption. Believe me.
This is the clue. Something You have overlooked liked me 🙂 I didn't see this settings in Intel Control Panel [in my case] for 2 months 😉 and many other people too

Perhaps uninstall Power4Gear.

G750JW, GTX 756M driver version 337.88
Power4Gear uninstalled, splendid also uninstalled, when plugged in no problems with dimming, as soon as I unplug power
screen adjusts and I have dimming issues (power settings are without dimming)...BUT, and this is quite interesting... when I boot
up on AC from the start I have NO dimming issue...

power settings but where ? try to install newer Nvidia Beta driver

Also, look at system startup program list. Disable any unknown application or some which may be connected with power settings. Stop all services [in Control Panel -> System Management] which are connected with auto-brightness and power settings - just for test purpose, to aim the problem

Perhaps write to Nvidia support about this.