cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750jz in game gpu temperature comparison

Arkantos1695
Level 7
I just wanted to do a bit of in game temperature comparison of gtx 880m.

Witcher 2: around 80-85C: 85C being max temperature
Crysis 3: around 85C; never exceed 85C
Watch Dogs: around 85C
Rome II; fluctuates around 75-85C

Seeing the trend of gtx 880m reaching 85C on 99% load. Are you getting the same temperature ? My ambient surrounding temperature
is exactly 23C. I am not using any laptop cooler and I have the gpu fans on auto. Can reply with any game temperature not just the ones I listed above.
9 REPLIES 9

dblkk
Level 7
80-85c sounds very reasonable for the JZ. 92-93c is the thermal limit which will induce throttling. But the asus (having a beast/aka/880m) should run warm, but should not hit the 90c mark. Even benching or anything it should never get to 90c. On contrast, the msi with 880m runs pretty constant at the 92c and throttling, and well I guess that's how it was designed as every user ive spoken with or read about has stated just that fact.

Arkantos1695
Level 7
bump

larry_l
Level 7
60 C typical on World of Tanks, peeking at 70 C.

60 FPS, full everything graphics.

I was wondering if this was too hot.

what was your gpu usage? Those temperature are quite low for gpu.
larry_l wrote:
60 C typical on World of Tanks, peeking at 70 C.

60 FPS, full everything graphics.

I was wondering if this was too hot.

tru_kirby
Level 7
60 - 70 is what I get on titanfall, lower if I leave the fan on.

60-70C on what games? i need to know what game you are playing to make a comparison, also the gpu usage. If you are playing mincraft and getting 60-70C, that doesn't compare quite well.
tru.kirby wrote:
60 - 70 is what I get, lower if I leave the fan on.

Are you playing on max settings? Also what do you meant when you leave the fan on? Do you mean your notebook cooler fan or gpu fan that auto adjust itself in game?
tru.kirby wrote:
60 - 70 is what I get on titanfall, lower if I leave the fan on.

KoolASUS
Level 7
Wolfenstein New Order is very CPU-heavy : with this one I can get 75-80 temps, more than any other game I've tried. (G750JH, XTU overclock at +200MHz & -50mV)