cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 3-Way SLI?

ROG_nVIDIA_Girl
Level 7
I was curious if the ROG STRIKER-GTX760-P-4GD5 or the ROG MATRIX-GTX780TI-P-3GD5 or the ROG POSEIDON-GTX780-P-3GD5 can do 3 way sli. the reason I ask is because I want to get 3 rog monitors for surround gaming and u need 3 cards to do it

Thanks in advance, Alice
12 REPLIES 12

meankeys
Level 13
Hi ROG nvidia girl Welcome to the ROG

If I am not mistaken 1 780 will run three monitors in eyefinity.

NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround
Imagine your gaming real estate across three displays in full HD 3D for a completely immersive gaming experience. With the EVGA GeForce GTX 780, you'll use award-winning NVIDIA 3D Vision technology to build the world’s first multi-display 3D gaming experience on your own PC. Additionally, the GeForce GTX 780 supports an accessory display for the ultimate gaming experience!

Nate152
Hello ROG nVIDIA Girl, Welcome to the ROG forum.

You can take your pick, all three of those cards you have listed will do 3-way SLI. To use G-Sync you will need a gpu for each monitor.

ROG_nVIDIA_Girl
Level 7
yes I want use gsynk across all 3 so why im thinking of 3way sli. just some the cards heat sinks look like they might block the sli fingers

Nate152
The fan shrouds don't block the SLI fingers. I was checking out the striker gtx 760 it looks like it might but it is 3 way SLI compatible. You are going to have one kick butt gaming system. 😄

The matrix 780ti's would give you the best performance.

ROG_nVIDIA_Girl
Level 7
I want to run a NVidia surround with accessory display (1 over 3) and since I plan to use 4x ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27-inch G-Sync Gaming Monitors, will I need 4-way sli? I put a parts list here on the site for recommendations.

but with my video encoding for youtube and online djing im thinking I need 4x 780 posiden cards, 4930k, and 64gb. plus its a memorial build so im willing to spend more. I like the posiden card because I can use as air and wen I feel comfterble do a water loop in my dead brothers old thermaltake Armor+ VH6001 Case.

Thanks in Advance, Alice
P.S. TY for the warm welcome, hope to be a regular poster here.

Nate152
Sorry to hear about your brother, losing loved ones is a sad time and always hurts when it happens.

Your brother's case is a nice looking case and has great cooling performance. I added two icages to mine and I'm still using my thermaltake armor vh6000.

If you do encoding and things like that, socket 2011 with a 4930k would be faster than anything the maximus boards have to offer.

A 4 monitor surround set up is not officially supported by Nvidia so I don't know how well it would work or if it would work at all.

In my opinion this forum is the best for pc gaming help, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here who can help you with pretty much anything. Everyone is friendly and polite.

You are welcome for the warm welcome. 🙂

ROG_nVIDIA_Girl
Level 7
the NVidia 4x set up is 3 on the bottom and 1 on top. they call it a (1 over 3) configuration.

OK here check this out, I think this will help you more than me trying to explain.

Looks like you can use 3 way sli for a 1 over 3 setup.

You will have to configure it.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/3dvision-surround/system-requirements

After you configure it click the Find Configuration button.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Let me just introduce a word of caution about 3 Way Sli

First of all make sure that all the cards have the same amount of vRam. SLi does not work in my experience with different vRam amounts.

Second you will need to have the same series and model cards. They can be different brands but they need to be the same models.

PSU needs to be up to the task.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.