cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall G75VW Win7 without having to purchase RCD

CaptRejn
Level 7
Greetings fellow techies,

So my issue is that Ive had my machine for a bit now, and never bother to try and obtain a copy of the RCD while it was in warranty. Well now my OS is acting all erratic and needs a clean install. My question is, using a USB flash, what would be the easiest way to reinstall the OS using my OEM key without having to pay for RCDs.

I have a usb flash stick along with an external passport drive.

I know that not just any download of the OS will suffice. Any and all advice provided is appreciated in advance!

BTW, Ive got a factory G75VW. This will be my first reinstall of the OS.
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
Moved to the correct section maybe someone can help you here.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

im asking for help reinstalling the OS, how would that not belong in the software, windows, linux topic section?

there are several ways to reinstall window 7, Use your AI Recovery disk you made when you first got your Notebook. Asus Nagged you to do this for weeks until you disable the NAG.
Download a ISO for win 7 home Premium here. Your product key is on a sticker on the bottom of your notebook.
Download all the latest drivers from Asus Support Downloads

Rewben has put together most of the upgrading and installing in this thread

A Clean Install of Windows 7 is very easy to do. Be sure to use Rufus to create your install USB Stick as your system is UEFI and you'll need to boot into the UEFI system with your ISO. Its all covered in the Sticky thread I linked you too.

If all the help you need is about Windows 7 installation see this thread in the window Seven forum
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

CaptRejn
Level 7
i'm asking for help reinstalling the OS, how does it not belong in the software, windows, linux topic section?

CaptRejn
Level 7
and i dont even have any of the machines listed in this section...

CaptRejn wrote:
and i dont even have any of the machines listed in this section...

Last time I looked you had a G75...

These guys will help you there have been many threads about this.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40030-ASUS-OEM-License-Restorer-(Win7)&country=&status=

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
CaptRejn wrote:
Greetings fellow techies,

So my issue is that Ive had my machine for a bit now, and never bother to try and obtain a copy of the RCD while it was in warranty. Well now my OS is acting all erratic and needs a clean install. My question is, using a USB flash, what would be the easiest way to reinstall the OS using my OEM key without having to pay for RCDs.

I have a usb flash stick along with an external passport drive.

I know that not just any download of the OS will suffice. Any and all advice provided is appreciated in advance!

BTW, Ive got a factory G75VW. This will be my first reinstall of the OS.

You may already know, but if you are still using the original ASUS factory Windows installation, just wanted to remind you that you should have a recovery partition, so if you don't mind erasing everything and going back to the original ASUS Win7 factory install, tap the 'F9' key at power-up to begin the Windows recovery process.

You can also check Windows Disk Management to see if you still have the recovery partition, but if not, check Clintlgm's suggestions in the post above.