M5A97 R.2.0 heavy instability (no o/c )

red5goahead
Level 7
I've a problem with my new brand motherboard M5A97 R.2.0

the system:

Cpu AMD FX-6300 6-Core
Cpu Cooler Ventirad CNPS 8900 Quiet - 110 mm
PSU 500W CoolerMaster G500 Bronze
Ram DIMM DDR3 8GB Kingston Hypk [HX318C10FK2/8] (4 GBx2)
video card Ati Asus R7260X-DC2-1GD5
Hard Disk 3,5 1TB + 8GB Flash Seagate SSHD ST1000DX001
Blu-Ray Asus BC-12D2HT
Case CoolerMaster Silencio 452
Windows 7 x64 retail just re-installed few days ago

Sometimes I got system hang-up. the image remain frozen on the monitor. especially on idle time and really randomly. Never hang-up on games or watching movies or series in htpc mode

Already I tried to update the bios to the last version 2501. with no result.
Tried F5 load default and all three profile (green, normal, optimal), obviusly no o/c at all

DDR3 8GB Kingston Hypk [HX318C10FK2/8] should have the compatibilty for this motherboard so I choose them. no problem with mem ok

Tried change PSU with the previuos hw system (650W), tried to rotate ,the ddr3 using one module at time, memtest86+ and tried to change different ddr3 (office one)

I've Driver detective to check and keep update the drivers.

I'm a little worried since a moth because the last pc I had, based on Asus P5k and Pentiun dual core E6800 I have not problem at all for several years

What do you think about it?
Asus M5A97 R.2.0, Asus GeForce GTX 1050ti, Cpu FX 6800, Windows 10 64 bit
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
Quick question, did you do a full clean OS install when you upgraded?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Yes, of course.

It's a new hardware, even the case. Windows 7 x64 was installed on a brand new hard disk and the problem are here since first day

It's weird and frustrating because when the pc is under load the system is stable, but not in idle

No, OS event, I wish

Ok for the drivers tip but I can't found any problem even under verifier sessions (yet)

Do you think that buy & install a Windows 8.1 upgrade instead Windows 7 would be usefull?

It's funny but old P5k did't support Windows 7 and it worked fine for several years even with Windows Vista for few year before... Ok , ok I know .... 🙂

PS: I work as software engineer since early '90, I'm quite well-trained to find troubles, but this one ..pal. I'm gonna crazy

HiVizMan
Level 40
Right just needed to know that, thank you.

Please go into your OS event viewer and see what is the causes for your freeze issues. It sounds like it is drivers to me. If it was hardware issues they system would fail when stressed.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah I have had some odd ones in the past and like you I spend all my time fault finding.

Personally I would suggest just buy the Win 8.1 OS free-standing install not the upgrade. In the UK it costs £83 for the stand alone version and 76 for the upgrade, and that is a pain because you have to then install Win7 first each time. It is a really good OS in my view. If you 'need' to have the start menu, and you don't actually, well then just download classic shell, it is freeware and makes your Win8.1 feel live WIn7

I'll think about it , but I've a Windows 7 FULL retail , that can be install until 50 times. pratically the no-more-pain version
I have to analyze the issues about Windows 8 license. the 80 pounds version it's the oem license I guess.