cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aquamark HW#1, to bad it was a bugged run :)

twisted1
Level 12

2600k @5,6Ghz(during bench)
9800GTX+ 850/1300 (during bench)

512k is a bit to good to be true though, about 100k better then any other score with the same gpu 🙂 I lost display for a bit during this "magic" run, I think that did the trick.

Here's another one that I suspect is to good to be true, cpu was @5,6Ghz during bench. Any input on this one, bugged or not? EDIT: Obviously bugged, or I'm benching with people on modded cards @900Mhz 🙂

14 REPLIES 14

darkage
Level 11
are you now the dynamo in the rog supreme lol !!
great results, as you know i dont know how to do this anyway 🙂

twisted1
Level 12
I wish I did results like those, that are not bugged 😄

Dartmaul
Level 12
Aqua is a very old test, and it's mostly about CPU.
Not sure if 9800GT can overkill its graphics but still very high CPU dependence.

PS That mad sandy bridge...

Dartmaul wrote:
Aqua is a very old test, and it's mostly about CPU.
Not sure if 9800GT can overkill its graphics but still very high CPU dependence.

PS That mad sandy bridge...

Yepp, it's all about CPU.

They're bugged though, the 512k run is about 100k higher than any other 9800GTX+ submission.

And the other one must be bugged(8800GTX), I couldn't repeat it and when comparing it to rankings on hwbot I wouldn't be the fastest but all scores that where close where modded cards and on extreme cooling.

Hiviz kindly lent me a 2600k, and it's mad! To bad it's so damn hot right now, if it was winter and I could get like 0C water temps I have no doubt I could run it at 5,7G for aqua. I've done a spi1m @5698Mhz with it 🙂

twisted1 wrote:
Hiviz kindly lent me a 2600k, and it's mad!

If I could get a penny every single time I hear "HiVizMan" and "mad" words in one sentence I would already bench 4-way 780Ti)

But actually I mentioned that Aqua is defined as a GPU test but it's actually a CPU one, so if you overkill every existing 9800 score it doesn't means it's impossible, it may be because of the CPU (if no one benched aqua with modern ln2 cooled CPUs)

Dartmaul wrote:
If I could get a penny every single time I hear "HiVizMan" and "mad" words in one sentence I would already bench 4-way 780Ti)

But actually I mentioned that Aqua is defined as a GPU test but it's actually a CPU one, so if you overkill every existing 9800 score it doesn't means it's impossible, it may be because of the CPU (if no one benched aqua with modern ln2 cooled CPUs)

The first score was 100k better then people using LN2 on gpu and cpu 😄

The other one with the 8800GTX(second screenshot) is not impossible, but it seems a bit to good to be true. Hiviz, what do you say about the second screenshot? Bugged or not? Cpu was @5,6g and not 5,5G like in the screenshot.

ObscureParadox-
Level 7
CPU score seems right on the money for what I would expect on the second one, but the score does seem a little high, maybe by only 15-20K though.

Since the new wrapper came out I've been noticing that the bench seems to be a lot happier with windows 7 than it ever did do before so that would help you out a lot.

Feel free to PM me if you want any other advice on aquamark. I'll be giving it a go myself soon with an 8800 GTX so I should be able to give you much more in depth help.

How about this for a nice score. I swiped my SSD clean and installed a new Win 7 64 bit to improve my scores.. I must has set a mega worldrecord hehe..... hmmm just impossible result. Man I wish I could get those framerates on my machine though in 1440p

It started with a VIC-20... and now it is. Maximus Formula VI Intel 4770K 4.6GHz ASUS GTX780Ti 3GB Corsair Platinum Dominator 16GB 2400MHz Raid Express 240GB Samsung EVO 512 GB SSD Corsair 900D EK watercooling Corsair RM1000 ASUS PB278Q

MatsGlobetrotter wrote:
How about this for a nice score. I swiped my SSD clean and installed a new Win 7 64 bit to improve my scores.. I must has set a mega worldrecord hehe..... hmmm just impossible result. Man I wish I could get those framerates on my machine though in 1440p

hehe 🙂

Catzilla is one of those benches I don't get, I get much lower points than people with a lot lower OC than what I'm running.