cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection of Some G750 Blue Screen/BSOD Threads

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Rather than include a lot of sticky threads to clutter up this sub-forum, some are arranged by topic below with links.
Planning to edit and update this post later, and thanks to all who contributed.
If anybody would like to post in those threads, feel free to pull them up to reply rather than posting in this thread.

1. Subject: "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" Error Sometimes caused by ASUS Gaming Mouse Driver

Thread (clickable): G750JZ BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Help!

First post from the thread:

MichaelWalker wrote:
Hi , Im new to ASUS and a not-so-good when it comes to computer specs.
I just bought G750X 2days ago and have experience BSOD TWICE. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.
Both experienced it in Dota 2 and WoW . It was really pretty smooth sailing with the high end graphics and stuff but it just pop up BSOD out of nowhere!
Any help is appreciated thanks!

2. Subject: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" Error on G750JM Sometimes caused by nVidia Vga Driver Version Used

2a. Thread (clickable): Help..new G750JM after geforce experience update to 2.1 >>>BSOD

First post from the thread:

dullz wrote:
hi guys
id really appreciate any help
my 2 week old g750jm started giving BSOD owing to a "Power state driver failure" thing
it started happening right after I updated the Geforce Experience to 2.1
so I uninstalled it and its not happened since
any idea what the fix is or where I could download the old version from or is it something else?
thanks

2b. Thread (clickable): G750JM Daily BSODS, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

(partial) First post from the thread:

Jaitsu wrote:
So, about a month ago, I bought myself a shiny new G750JM-DS71 notebook from Newegg, and ever since I've been having this issue. Almost every day, at random intervals, I get blue screens of death indicating a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I'm completely at a loss as to what could possibly be causing this. At first I suspected hardware, and after a two-week long war with Newegg, they finally replaced the thing. And now I have another brand new one... with the same exact issue.

EDIT: Please see my most recent post - this appears to have been solved!

2c. Thread (clickable): G750JM BSOD (Driver power state faliure)

troomc4 wrote:
I've seen quite a few threads about this already. But haven't really seen any fixed for it, So I'll add mine to the list in hopes a fix can be found.

I've been having this issue for a few weeks. I have contacted asus and they told me to download and repair the ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology driver. That didn't work.

Here are my last few minidumps, https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwEfPSPBLJiRQmI1YWcyZWIwODA&usp=sharing

and an image from BlueScreenView, http://i.imgur.com/7BTfcVr.jpg

I contacted windows support because after a google search I saw a thread on there about the issue. They told me to completely remove the Kasperky Internet Security I have. They also told me to remove and do a clean install of the 337.88 driver. Here is the link to that thread in case you wanted to read it. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-system/windows-81-bsod-driverpowerstatef...

I made a post on r/techsupport as well. A person there also told me to remove and re-install that driver. He recommended DDU to completely remove it. So I did that and re-installed 337.88. and for two days it was fine....and then it wasn't.

2d. Thread (clickable): G750JM Driver Power State Failure

Ace0751 wrote:
Has anyone gotten this error message? This has been happening recently to my new G750JM. I think I know what the problem is though. I have my OS on the SSD and everything else on the 1TB HDD. I think the HDD is going and needs replaced very soon, am I correct?

3. Subject: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" for G750JZ Still Under Investigation

Thread (clickable): G750JX BSOD problem. HELP! KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. [solved for some?]

d1abolit wrote:
Hello, few days ago I bought new Asus g750 JZ. There was no OS included so I bought Windows 8.1. I installed all necessacy drivers, updates etc., games were working fine, there were no problems at all... until i turned off the notebook. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL appeard. It's popping up while system is booting and ONLY when notebook is powered off for a longer time (about 20-30 mins... so weird). Restarting system has no effect on the BSOD. OS is booting properly. I've tested everything, RAM, SSD, GPU, CPU, everything is working fine. I have no idea what is happening and i would be very grateful for some tips, how to get rid of this BSOD.
0 REPLIES 0