Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me to build my First Gaming PC

hansalerace
Level 7
Budget: $900-1300

Main uses of intended build: Gaming

Parts required: Chassis,Processor,MOBO,,HDD,PSU,RAM,GPU,Close Loop Water Cooler,Fans

Monitor resolution: 1080p

Storage requirements: 1-2TB

Will you be overclocking: yes

Extra information about desired system:

Chassis = NZXT H440
RAM = 16 gb (Best Ram with 2400 MHZ ?)
Fans = Push and pull (What is the best Red color ?
Black and red theme for my Build
PSU = Fully Modular
Cloose Loop water cooler = Best for overclocking up to 4.5=4.6 GHZ

Im a beginner in Overclocking this would be my first time so please give me a MOBO for easy overclocking

TIA.
5 REPLIES 5

Tokens210
Level 10
All Asus motherboards are fairly simple at over clocking and all are very similar, we can suggest but we can't really pick for ya

Also you motherboard will determine what CPU you can use and the CPU will then dictate your ram, for example original 4th gen has wells sometimes cannot handle higher clock ram even if the CPU is stock, and some won't except higher ram once over clocked, I don't think I've seen to much on the memory controller of the new refreshes yet so idk on those ones

Closed loop water cooler or even full custom loop don't promise anything, you most likely can go higher on over clock with them but not always so setting a speed already will most likely set you up to be let down, although the new has well refresh i7 chip is 4.0 to 4.4 turbo boost stock

PSU I'd say seasonic or one of corsairs higher series like the AX, with the ax ones corsair also sells sleeved cable kits so you could change the color easier, not sure if seasonic if has that option

As for red or red and black fans, you'll have an issue there is you try to stay with the same company and require more then 1 size of them, corsair has the AF and SP lines AF for case fans and SP for radiators but I believe they only have them in 120 and 140 if that, if you need any bigger cooler master has 200mm clear with red led fans

Here some questions to get it rolling

You looking for z87(1 year old) or z97 (new stuff)?

How many gpu's do you plan to get/run?

Do you run any virtual boxes?

Do you convert any large HD media files?

What are some of the game your playing or planning to play?
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

Chino
Level 15
Went a little over your budget. But I think it's worth it snce you'll be getting a system that meets all the requirement that you listed.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($234.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($208.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($50.40 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Dual Superclocked ACX Video Card ($296.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1346.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-29 10:32 EDT-0400

@Chino

Thank you .

hansalerace
Level 7
@Tokens210

Im looking for z97 new .

i will run 2 GPU's but now i will just buy one later i'll just upgrade

i dont play virtual boxes

Sometimes i convert HD media files .

I will play FC 4 and other future games .

X-ROG
Level 15
Use the Auto Tuning function in the BIOS, or, within AI Suite III to try auto-overclocking if you are unsure to start with.

Chino's build is a good start, although I cry no DirectCU II in there 😉