cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Extreme // Bios 1302 issue when loading saved OC profiles

Rosenkreutz
Level 7
Hello - I've this issue that is tough to overcome.

System specs:
MB: MVI Extreme with bios 1302
CPU: 4770K +Corsair cooling H105
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro - 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2400MHz C11 (CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R)
Disk: Samsung 840 Pro 512 x2
VideoB: Ati R9 295 x2 (sapphire)

Situation: I had to reset bios to default settings after overclock failed (system was stable for more than 8 weeks). BSOD related to "memory management". I did extended memtest and memory looks good. When I tried to load my saved OC profiles (from different media and copies), MB always froze.

What I did: usual CMOS clearing, re-flashed the bios, re-downloaded bios and re-flashed. Same story, I am not able to load any OC profile. When I save and load , it looks fine. I'd love to recover my saved profiles as spent tons of hours to fine tune everything.

PS: no clock freeze issue detected

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hello Rosenkreutz, Welcome to the ROG forum.

Could you list your psu for us too please? And what speed did you have your cpu overclocked to?

Were you on a previous bios when your pc was stable?

Hi Nate - thanks for the warm welcome.

In order:
-my psu is a Silverstone Strider SST-ST1500 / 1600W (it should be ok to supply the necessary power)
-cpu was overclocked to 4.6 (46x100 no overbus)
-bios was the same 1302, and everything ran smoothly for almost 2 months, with intense gaming (@2.5k ultra details with games like BF4, ArcheAge, Grid, Thief, DCS) and tests passed (Intel Burning, Prime)

Thank you,

You have plenty of power so your psu isn't causing the instability.

I will just suggest that you start from scratch. Clear the cmos and start again.

You can take notes of your settings now and see if they differ from your new overclock.

Before starting over try raising the system agent voltage to 1.20v.

Rosenkreutz
Level 7
Thanks Nate - I figured out that RAM are actually the bottleneck, no way to make them work in XMP fashion as I did before.

Keep you posted.

Cheers.

Nate152
Hey great, you found what was causing the instability. The system agent voltage may help with getting your ram to run in X.M.P. mode.

If not, have you tried setting up the ram manually?