cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swift PG278Q flickering

zombi
Level 7
Hello.
Just got 3 new GSYNC 27` Monitors. In different games there are a constant "flickering"; tried all refresh rates, GSYNC on/off,original display port Cable .In 2D no problems at all (besides i cant connect the other 2 Monitors with my SLI Setup).
One of worst games is "Banished", is almost unplayable.
Solution? THX.
16 REPLIES 16

Robbaz
Level 7
I have the exact same problem, i will also try banished and see if i can find a fix. Would suck to have spent big bucks if this will be a permanent issue.

Edit: Seems it's g-sync is the cause, the main reason people will buy it for.

X-ROG
Level 15
Is there flickering on ALL three? Or just one of?

I will ask our RD in work. I've played Banished on it in the office and it works perfectly with a 780 Ti on recent and latest drivers.

What's your exact setup and drivers?
Does it only happen in GSync? Can you try it with GSync off? At different refresh rates and with ULMB on/off. Then we might be able to nail down an issue.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Is there flickering on ALL three? Or just one of?

I will ask our RD in work. I've played Banished on it in the office and it works perfectly with a 780 Ti on recent and latest drivers.

What's your exact setup and drivers?
Does it only happen in GSync? Can you try it with GSync off? At different refresh rates and with ULMB on/off. Then we might be able to nail down an issue.

According to my tests, G-sync causes flickering when the fps in game goes below 30fps or rises above 30fps.

If I had to guess what happens, I probably would guess that this is caused by the fact that G-sync can't work below 30fps, so the driver has to switch it off when fps goes below 30 and this causes the flicker. When the fps goes above 30 again, G-sync gets re-enabled causing the flicker.

Running a game at fixed 40fps or 60fps or 120fps does not have this problem, and I was able to test this with a game engine that allows switching framerate limit on the fly, so I just binded two keys for maxfps 20 and maxfps 40, which helped me to narrow this down.

As far as i see it the Monitor isn`t working 100% "out of the box"...

rothron
Level 7
I see g-sync related flickering on my screen when running pixperan-tests.
Perhaps a few of us have bad panels. It's problematic because not everyone seems to be able to notice it.

NavasC
Level 7
You still haven't replied with your specs. if your specs are below par, that could be causing the flickering because your performance isn't staying over 30 FPS at 1440p, based on what Renzo has suggested. MarshallR is trying to help you, so instead of just saying "monitor isn't working out of box" you could help him diagnose your issue.

NavasC wrote:
You still haven't replied with your specs. if your specs are below par, that could be causing the flickering because your performance isn't staying over 30 FPS at 1440p, based on what Renzo has suggested. MarshallR is trying to help you, so instead of just saying "monitor isn't working out of box" you could help him diagnose your issue.

I`ve got a "high-end PC" GTX 780ti SLI, Intel 4960X etc....so the PC has surely no performance issues.

in other words: The monitor should work "out of the box" with this config.

The problems seems to be "gsync module" related....
However, i sold all 3 monitors last week and my problems are gone :rolleyes:

burgechasehq
Level 7
I also had flickering issues, and blurry text issues that just came out of no where after a couple of weeks use. The flickering went away in games with G-sync turned off, but text was still rough in appearance. Worked better in 120hz mode. I am using SLI gtx770 OC and 4770k OC @ 4.5ghz. My FPS is between 90-120 on bf4 with settings set to Nvidia optimum (GeForce experience - mix of ultra to medium). The overdrive Hz button doesn't really work either... My retailer picking it up today and starting the rma process. I suspect a faulty gsync module.

kkn
Level 14
sli not 100% stable.