cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X102BA slow file transfer speed over network (3mB/s on 100mbps card)

Killerko
Level 7
Hi, just bought me a small travel notebook X102BA.. not a beast in any way.. but small and cheap notebook for what I need.
The problem is that I'm trying to copy a large amount of data over the network and it does it at prety constant 3mB/s which is awfully slow for the amount of data I need to transfer to the manchine..

I've tried both wifi and cable connection but the speed is still the same.. prety constant 3mB/s

any idea what may be wrong?

the cards thats on this notebook are
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controler
Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter

I've googled so far and tried these solutions but to no success:
-autotuning disabled
-ipv6 disabled
-Remote Differential Compression disabled
-large send offload v2 (ipv4 and 6) disabled
-speed and dubplex switch to 100 Mbps Full Duplex

any other idea what can be wrong?
its running windows 8.1 with prety much default everything else..

EDIT: forgot to add that internet connected thru cable is running solid 85mbps on 100mbps lan card so the card looks ok to me.. its only the file transfer on home network
2 REPLIES 2

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
May not make much difference, but have you tried the latest X102BA Win8.1 drivers from the ASUS Download site including the wireless?
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=X102BA&p=3&s=533

If you haven't already, you may want to compare the wireless speeds with a different computer, or try your notebook in a different location just to confirm the problem follows the notebook and consider discussing with our local ASUS Support as well.
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

Hopefully others will have better ideas though.

Good luck!

Killerko
Level 7
I have tried installing the driver from the asus web site but I think it was the exactly same as I already had installed..

I did manage to get almost full speed (around 11mB/s) yesterday by disabling firewall on my router... this lasted for some time, but after some time it started coping files again at 3mB/s 😕 ...which leads me to think that the problem may be in the router, even tho I had many computers at home and none of them had any problem transfering files during almost 2 years I had this router (its from virgin media super hub which is some netgear cg3101d) ...this is the first issue with speed on local network.