Hi,

Today i bought

=> Azus maximus IV Extreme-Z B3
=> 16 Gb kit CORSAIR Vengeance Blue
=> Intel core i7 2600K
=> 12gb ssd corsair force 3
=> areca raid controller attached to 8 2TB Hd's
=> SAPPHIRE HD6970 Radeon

I was up all night assembling this beast, but when i tried to boot the sytem it just shows error code AE. I also don't see anything on my screen. I tried to lookup this problem and i found it could be resolved by clearing cmos or enables PPL OV. Unfortuonalty i don't know how to do this.

Can anybody help me with this, thx
3 REPLIES 3

Retired
Not applicable
So i played around a bit with the switch bios button and this is what happens

=> if bios 1 is selected: then the mb shows errorcode 62 for about 30 seconds and then it changes to errorcode 34 and stays there, From the moment i press the power button the monitor just says that it doesn't get a signal. also the BOOT_DEVICE LED is on, what could that mean?

=> if bios 2 is selected: then the mb shows errorcode AE for about 2 minutes. The code then changes to AA and stays that way. The mb doesn't show any other leds on. The monitor doesnt recieve any input

I found the clear cmos button but that does'nt change anything.

Any help would be appreciated, thx

Retired
Not applicable
Ok, i just striped my whole motherboard of unnecasary stuff, only cpu, memory, and vid and still the same error (34). i cleared cmos by moving the jumper one pin right. but after a restart the same error occurs. i'm starting to think that my memory is not compatible whit this mb?

xeromist
Hi Hiko,

Try Raja's suggestion step by step and see if it works for you:
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?4522-Can-t-get-rid-of-the-Error-34.-Any-suggestions&p=3...
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…