cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar Phoebus Solo: Must Restart

Sligger
Level 7
I just purchased a Xonar Phoebus Solo, Installed the card in my system and every time I would do a cold boot the sound card would dissapper? If i restart my system the sound card is picked up by the software and everything works fine. I have been in touch with Asus support but they cannot seem to help me. I have uninstalled all of the on board sound drivers. Here is a list of my system specs.
Z-87 Deluxe
Asus 7970 Matrix Gpu
16 Gigs Gskill memory
Corsair H100i AIO Cooler
Windows 8.1 64 Bit
Evga 1300 psu
If anyone has any ideas please let me know!!
7 REPLIES 7

Florin
Level 7
Try installing the soundcard into another system and see if it does the same, so you can know if it`s the soundcard or something in your system.

There shouldn`t be any problems with the onboard sound card if left alone, you can also disable that from the BIOS. As for the card.. try to move it on to another PCI-E slot, even change the power connector with another one (i do hope you have that already connected)
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

Sligger
Level 7
Rma Xonar card received back same issue must restart! Started second RMA on 9/19/ 2014[ yet to here back if problem is not resolved I will be asking for a full refund.
QUOTE=Sligger;427895]I just purchased a Xonar Phoebus Solo, Installed the card in my system and every time I would do a cold boot the sound card would dissapper? If i restart my system the sound card is picked up by the software and everything works fine. I have been in touch with Asus support but they cannot seem to help me. I have uninstalled all of the on board sound drivers. Here is a list of my system specs.
Z-87 Deluxe
Asus 7970 Matrix Gpu
16 Gigs Gskill memory
Corsair H100i AIO Cooler
Windows 8.1 64 Bit
Evga 1300 psu

Try logging into Windows safe mode, uninstall the Phoebus, and shut down. Now remove the card and reboot. At this point make sure that you download the newest drivers.

NOW you can reinstall the card and new drivers, you should be good to go.
I'd rather be a smartass than a dumbass!!!

Maximus V Extreme - 3770K @ 4.5ghz - Kingston Hyper X KHX24C11K4/16X 16GB @ 2400mhz
Corsair Hydro Series H80i - 2 x MSI GTX 770 Lightning - Samsung 830 SSD 256GB - WD Caviar Black 2TB
Xonar Phoebus - Corsair AX1200i - Antec Eleven Hundred - LG 27EA63V

Highlnder3 wrote:

Try logging into Windows safe mode, uninstall the Phoebus, and shut down. Now remove the card and reboot. At this point make sure that you download the newest drivers.

NOW you can reinstall the card and new drivers, you should be good to go. I have tried that one, I have tried the audio card in 3 different systems with the same results. I have tried the old drivers the new drivers. BTW Windows never has picked up the audio card when installed on its own. Also the leds has never changed when I was doing a test demo DTS sound Storm. I have been purchasing ASUS products for 22 years and never had this many issues! Thanks for the suggestions.

You didn't mention that you had tried all of that already. I wanted to make sure you had a good clean install. Sounds like you have an RMA in your future. (For the record I've had a Phoebus for over a year now and had to follow the steps I outlined one time but have been without any trouble ever since.)
I'd rather be a smartass than a dumbass!!!

Maximus V Extreme - 3770K @ 4.5ghz - Kingston Hyper X KHX24C11K4/16X 16GB @ 2400mhz
Corsair Hydro Series H80i - 2 x MSI GTX 770 Lightning - Samsung 830 SSD 256GB - WD Caviar Black 2TB
Xonar Phoebus - Corsair AX1200i - Antec Eleven Hundred - LG 27EA63V

Looks like I will be getting a second RMA?? This is just over the top, The Xonar has spent more time in transit than I have owned the card! The support Hot Line is a real Joke the No service rep kept calling the audio card a graphics card? I have more response emailing tech support thin the call in NO SERVICE!! REPS. I just want to Thank You all for your support, And if there is any more ideas out there please me know before I send this Xonar back for another inspection! Thanks Guys.:cool:

Luxion
Level 7
For what it's worth, I've run into this issue sporadically with my original Phoebus and my current motherboard/CPU (an Asus F1A55-M paired with an A6-3650); if I have to shut it down entirely, unless I leave it off for several minutes or more, I have to hit the reset button on power-up for it to initialize the card properly. What's odd is that I almost never ran into it with the X79 motherboard/CPU that was in my rig before that, so I have no idea what governs the issue in the first place.