New mobo, error code 99?

Dust1234
Level 7
First time booting. Breadboarding. I have the following components:

CPU: intel i5 4670k
MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Hero
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 2x4gb
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W 80+ Platinum
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 770 GDDR5-4GB (not new)

I hear the boot sound (i attached a speaker) but i get no video and i hear 1 long beep and 4 short ones, i also get the code "99" which means Super IO Initialization? That is with a keyboard plugged in

When i unplug the keyboard, i don't get video either, and get 1 long beep and 4 shorts ones, then a brief pause and another short beep. I get the code d7 "No Consule Input Devices are found"

What is going on?
15 REPLIES 15

Praz
Level 13
Dust1234 wrote:
CPU: intel i5 4670k MOBO: MSI z87-g45

Hello

As this is a forum for support of ASUS products you will probably get more qualified help contacting MSI.

Oh shoot!! sorry i put in the wrong MOBO! i updated it now. I have the ASUS Maximus VI Hero mobo

Nate152
Hello Dust1234

Check that your gpu is seated properly and that the gpu power cables are fully connected.

Dust1234
Level 7
I removed the gpu and still got the 99 code error. I put it back in and made sure all connections were secure and correct, still got same error

Nate152
Ok,

Try the gpu in another pci express slot, if it is still not posting try another set of pcie power cables from your psu.

Nate152
If it still does not post after doing that, is there any way you could try your gpu in another pc? This will rule out if you have a faulty gpu.

If by chance you have another gpu, you could try that too.

I see you have gone offline, I will check back tomorrow to see if you've pin pointed the problem.

also, i have tried it without the gpu before, and still got the same error, so wouldn't that rule out the gpu?

Ok so i tried my machine again this morning with the same configuration i had before and this time it did something different. When i hit "start", it started to boot, then all of a sudden turned off, then turned itself back on and went to the same error.

I moved the gpu to another slot and tried different cables and got the same process (started -> turned off -> turned on -> error 99 -> beep code 1 long 4 short).

Wouldn't trying the hdmi cord directly to the mobo rule out any gpu problems?

Dust1234
Level 7
hmm unfortunately I dont have another computer to try to GPU in. but i will try to move it to another slot. I will update when i try