cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N550JK Chipset driver will not start so no video card

Jonnysax
Level 7
I have a brand new N550JK and it worked perfectly last week. This week I noticed that I couldn't get my Geforce experience to open to tweak a game. I tried to uninstall the Nvidia software and drivers and when I went to reinstall, It said I didnt have a Nvidia product. Under my device manager my PCI express x16 Controller says this device cannot start (code 10). I also noticed that windows loaded generic intel GPU drivers. I've scanned my computer using Intel chipset diagnostics and everything passed. I'm performing a hard drive scan as I type to see if i have a bad sector. Can anyone think of anything else I can try o figure out whats the issue? At this point I'm assuming either a bad MoBo or a bad video card.
2 REPLIES 2

Jonnysax
Level 7
Anyone? Bueller?

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi, it's not a common problem I've heard of and don't have a quick and easy answer, so you may just want to discuss with your local ASUS support if necessary too for any better ideas.
http://www.asus.com/support/callus

1. If you still have time to return the unit to the store, you may want to do this before it's too late just in case it's a hardware problem.

2. If you don't mind erasing Windows and starting over, try this if it will not be too painful just to eliminate any software issues. Otherwise, you might consider trying System Restore if you have any earlier restore points available when everything was working.

3. Don't expect this will make much difference and may not be worth the trouble, but you might try just reloading the default bios settings.

Hopefully we can get some better ideas from others.

Good luck!