cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios help some of bios is missing or blank/blacked out.

migm16
Level 7
system specs are
the case is a rosewill blackhawk ultra, air flow should not be my problem.
MOBO is a crosshair v formula-z,- version rev 1.xx if serial number is needed just ask.
the bios version is 2101,
CPU-fx 8350, the cooler on this is a cooler master v8 gts
RAM-mushkin 8GB 2133mhz- right now at 1600mhz,
GPU 7970ghz sapphire vapor x,
1 corsair neutron gtx 240GB,
1 western digital velociraptor 1TB,
1 3tb wd green backup storage, and 2 random ****ty drives iv had 500gb and a 250gb,
os is win 8.1 64 bit,

at this point im gonna just do a clear cmos, but i wanted to post this anyway, who knows maybe it will still be like this after cmos clearing, when i go into uefi bios the top of the page is blacked out.
i dont have a picture of what my bios looks like so im going to upload a pic i found on the internet of what one is supposed to look like, then ill edit it to try and make it look like what im seeing in my bios to the best of my memory.
this is what one should look like
and this is something like what mine looks like
12 REPLIES 12

migm16
Level 7
just came to my mind will clearing the cmos reset my bios version from 2101 to an older one? or will it just reset settings like clock speeds and what have you.

Chino
Level 15

migm16
Level 7
hmm ok. then do u think i should do a bios downgrade and see if that fixes it?

migm16
Level 7
i did a clear cmos and since i can not navigate the bios i really dont know if that did what its intended to do, at this time im going to try and downgrade my bios to um i guess 1901 bios and see what happens.

edited > i downgraded to 1901 bios and nothing still the same as in the bottom picture, i realized i could hit left & right arrows to move to other categories, but then realized that they are overlapping one another so it ends up being a mess of stuff on the screen that u cant read, there must be something really wrong here plz help. im going to downgrade to 1801 and see what that does if anything.

edited>> um im trying to go from 1901 to 1801 and im getting a warnning! bios inner framework was changed. the bios image cant use in this motherboard, please specify another one. ?? im guessing after one of the updates the inner framework changed and i can no longer downgrade past 1901.
im going to try to upgrade to the latest one 2101. then hit that clear cmos button again and go from there.

migm16
Level 7
ok so i was able to get pictures of my bios ill try to upload them in order from the first page i start on then back to first page going right i just hit the right arrow key then took a pic and keep doing that. as u can see im missing a lot of the screen, like all the tabs and the info on th right, also the pictures seem to overlay one another on some pages, i would really love to get this fixed so i could use my bios and adjust some stuff, like maybe get my ram back to 2133mhz and stuff like that. any help would be appreciated

Praz
Level 13
Hello

What are you using for a monitor?

a vizio tv from like 2007.

migm16 wrote:
a vizio tv from like 2007.

Hello

Connect the system to a monitor that can properly display 1280x1024 and that should fix this issue.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Connect the system to a monitor that can properly display 1280x1024 and that should fix this issue.

iv never had this problem before on this tv nor with my other vizio tv this one is a 1920x1080 21" or 22" and my other one is a 1920x1080 42" tv never actually had a monitor before. im going to try my other tv.